Date & Time: Thursday 21 April 10am – 11.30am
The focus for this session was to provide Sport, Exercise and Rehabilitation Research Focus Areas (RFA) members with updates to granting schemes and new university initiatives in research. We also highlighted current research, particularly research being conducted by higher degree research students supported by the Sport, Exercise and Rehabilitation RFA.
- 10:00am Kate Webster - RFA update and details on current grant schemes within the RFA and University
- 10:15am John Makeham –Collaboration and funding opportunities between the Centre of China studies and the SER RFA
Current RFA supported PhD research
- 10.30 am: Courtney Lai: Fifteen year audit of anterior cruciate ligament reconstructions in the Australian Football League
- 10.38 am: Glen Whittaker: Optimising interventions for chronic plantar heel pain: a randomised controlled trial
- 10.46 am: Philip Shambrook: Efficacy and effectiveness of intermittent exercise to enhance cardio-metabolic health
- 10.54 am: Gina Trackman: Assessing and improving general and sports nutrition and food knowledge, and exploring views about the role of sports clubs in nutrition education of elite and recreational Australian athletes
- 11.02 am: Further questions/ideas from members.