Many changes happened in 2013 - these were the two most exciting events:
- Mother and Child Health Research was renamed to Judith Lumley Centre in honour of the Centre's founding director
- our successful research program expanded to include research on the Transition to Contemporary Parenthood, which was made possible by a generous donation from Mrs Roberta Holmes.
Our work on diverse and multidisciplinary research projects in the areas of mother and infant health and parenthood continued. Some of the highlights were:
- publication of the CASTLE study outcomes, which show the role thrush plays in nipple and breast pain when breastfeeding
- publication of the COSMOS study outcomes, the first randomised controlled trial of caseload midwifery in Australia
- use of findings from an evaluation of the Victorian homebirthing pilots to inform a motion passed in the Victorian Parliament to expand public hospital homebirth services.
To read more, download the JLC Annual Report 2013 [PDF 1.21MB].
If you require an alternative format of the Annual Report, please contact us at email@example.com.