La Trobe is now offering a FREE on-campus bike share program to students who enjoy the convenience and fun of cruising campus on a bike.
Right now we’re looking for 80 students to be part of the program which has 24 bikes docked at ten convenient locations around the campus.
A collaboration with Lifeskills, the Bike Share program is operating from 28 February (O-Week) to 7 June 2013 as part of sustainable transport options available for staff and students on Melbourne Campus.
How to register?
Fill in a registration form available at:
- Student Union Festival Thursday 28 February at O-Week (see Sustainable Transport stall)
- Sports Centre
- Transport Central website
- Or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a form
Registrations close on Friday 15 March- be quick, as places are limited!
Registered users will be given:
- a key
- front and rear lights
- a Kali helmet.
These items must be returned at the end of the semester.
Bike fleet and Docking stations
Registration gives users access to the full fleet of 24 bikes available at 10 bike share docking stations across the campus. The bikes are in two styles: a red ‘vintage’ single speed, and a blue mountain bike. These bikes will appeal to different riders and give new bike users a chance to get to know different styles of bikes.
Registered users will:
- Be able to attend free cycle-confidence training sessions on campus,
- Enjoy a free breakfast at Lifeskills café once a month,
- Reduce cross-campus travel time
- Increased mobility around the campus, health and well-being, enjoyment
- Reduce environmental impact of private vehicle trips,
- Better connect staff and students within the university and
- Have fun while you ride
For more information about the free Bike Share Program, please visit our website or email email@example.com
Need another reason to join the Bike Share program? Check out our video!