Ian Smith, Manager – Planning, Review and Improvement from our Planning and Institutional Performance Unit (PIPU) interviews Professor Dewar in this latest Vice-Chancellor interview.
Ian and Professor Dewar discuss:
- Progress being made with implementing our strategic plan, Future Ready
- The challenges to achieving change in an organisation where there are tensions between the need for commercially robust decision making and an environment steeped in traditions of collegiality
- Streamlining administrative systems and processes
- The importance of professional staff
- Making the most of the UniForum collaborative benchmarking group
The interview ends with a left field question from Ian, 'If you were to pick a song from the 60s and 70s to represent La Trobe in our current journey of change, what might that song be?'