Open Day is full of important course information, activities to enjoy and food options to explore.
You can pat dogs at the Bendigo Campus, build a robot at the Melbourne Campus or admire the harbour views at the Sydney Campus.
With so much to see and do, make sure you don’t miss out on the essential stuff!
You’re on a tight schedule. You only have an hour to duck in and get what you need from Open Day. It’s all about the information.
Find the course information session you’re most interested in. Prepare any questions you have and raise your hand high during the Q&A.
On your way out, stop by the expo and grab any booklets or flyers for what you want to study. If you have time, strike up a conversation with a lecturer or student and ask them about the course. Not sure what you want to study? Hit up the stands that catch your eye. Grab an Undergraduate Guide (with the eye-catching red cover). And remember to notice the campus and facilities around you during your visit.
Make sure you:
- Attend the course presentation for the degree you want to study most.
- Grab booklets and flyers from the expo on the way out.
You have a good amount of time to spare. In three hours you can visit a course presentation or two, wander through the expo and find out about the opportunities available – like the Aspire Early Admissions Program, Regional Benefits Program, on-campus accommodation or student support.
- Attend at least one course information session.
- Wander through the expo and chat to staff and students about what it’s like to study at La Trobe.
- Have some fun! Eat, participate in a fun activity (like extracting DNA from a strawberry) and get a feel for life on campus.
Do it all!
Take your time to experience the campus, try your hand at fun activities and demonstrations, tour the campus and facilities where you want to study, grab something to eat and chat to staff and students.
Explore study areas you hadn’t considered. Think about your double degree options. See if you’re eligible for a scholarship or early admission. Learn how to get into your chosen degree with a lower ATAR.
- Attend course presentations for the degrees that interest you – and give yourself the chance to be surprised.
- Take a leisurely wander through the expo and speak to staff and students
- Go on a campus tour
- Grab something to eat
- Make the most of the fun stuff: activities, free stuff, games…
- Explore the extra opportunities and services on campus
- Take your time
Use the Open Day planner to see what’s on and plan your day.
See you there.