Nanotechnology students have access to a unique seminar course, Issues in Nanotechnology, featuring presentations from leading practitioners in all aspects of nanotechnology.
The seminars provide students with an up-to-the-minute overview of nanotechnology and an opportunity to explore ideas and themes outside the boundaries of their course. The series also helps to foster a vibrant student network across all degrees.
Previous presenters have included industry professionals from:
Academic presenters have come from across La Trobe University, as well as from the University of Melbourne, State University of New York (USA), RMIT and the WEHI Biotechnology Centre, located on our Melbourne campus.
Recent topics have included:
- 'An introduction to Nanotechnology'
- 'X-ray lithography: Bridging nano, micro and the real world'
- 'Nanotechnology in nature'
- 'Quantum Dots: photonic properties and commercial applications of semiconductor nanocrystals'
- 'An introduction to the Australian Synchrotron Project'.