COVID-19 threw us all a curve ball last year and student ID card production and pickups had to pause for a few months. With eased restrictions, we’re now able to produce them and you can pick them up again.
If you’ve already ordered your card and received an email to say it’s ready, you can now make an appointment to collect it at Bundoora or attend your campus collection point (without an appointment) at other locations.
What can I do with a student ID card?
You can use your student card to borrow books, print, scan, access rooms, and so people know you are who you say you are around campus. Plus, you can get some great discounts! Check out all the things you can do with your card:
Order your student ID card
If you’re a new student, you can order your student ID card the day after you’ve enrolled in your La Trobe subjects. If you’ve been here a while and never got around to it, now might be a good time to get that order in – fresh for the new year.
Take a few quick steps to order your student ID card:
- Take a clear photo of yourself (or get someone to help) – no filters, no Photoshop, just your head and shoulders facing front-on. Think of a passport photo vibe but you can smile!
- Order your card online and upload your photo – make sure you select the correct campus as that’s where it will be waiting for you to collect later.
- You’ll receive an order confirmation email to your student email address (not your personal email).
- A few days to a week later, you’ll receive another email to confirm if your submitted photo has been approved or rejected. If your photo is rejected, you will need to use the same order link again and submit a new photo, fixing up any issues as needed, and wait for confirmation the new photo is approved.
- A final email will be sent when the card is ready to collect – see the information for your campus below for how to collect it.
Please note: If you’re an online course student, the distance education student ID card ordering process is different and you’ll use a different form to order your card.
Collect your student ID card
If you’ve ordered your card and received emails to say the photo you submitted was approved and the card is ready, you can book an appointment to collect your pre-ordered card at Bundoora from 22 February to 12 March or attend a collection point at your campus during opening hours, if it’s not Bundoora.
Tips before going to collect your card:
- Be sure to check your student email first to make sure your photo was approved and the card is ready before you make and/or attend your appointment to avoid disappointment!
- Bring a government-issued photo ID like a passport or Australian driver’s licence (please don’t bring an overseas licence) so we can confirm who you are.
- Bundoora (Melbourne) Campus students can collect ID cards by appointment from 22 February to 12 March 2021 in the Thomas Cherry Building, ground floor, Mentoring Hub Room 103. => Book a timeslot to collect your ID Card from Bundoora.
- City Campus – collect your card from Level 2 Reception
- Bendigo Campus – collect your card from the library Concierge staff
- Shepparton Campus – collect your card from the ASK La Trobe Helpdesk – Level 1
- Mildura Campus – collect your card from ASK La Trobe Helpdesk – Level 1 Reception
- Albury-Wodonga Campus – collect your card from ASK La Trobe Helpdesk