Your student ID card is your ticket to accessing lots of services at La Trobe, including library services such as printing and photocopying, for building access and as ID during exams.
If you’ve already ordered your card and received an email to say your photo has been approved, you can collect it in 3-5 business days (or 5-7 during peak times) from the ASK La Trobe Help Zone at your campus. Check opening times here.
What else can I do with a student ID card?
You can use your student card to borrow books, print, scan, access rooms, and so people know you are who you say you are around campus. Plus, you can get some great discounts! Check out all the things you can do with your card:
Order your student ID card
If you’re a new student, you can order your student ID card the day after you’ve enrolled in your La Trobe subjects. If you’ve been here a while and never got around to it, now might be a good time to get that order in.
Take a few quick steps to order your student ID card:
- Take a clear photo of yourself (or get someone to help) – no filters, no Photoshop, just your head and shoulders facing front-on. Think of a passport photo vibe but you can smile!
- Order your card online and upload your photo – make sure you select the correct campus as that’s where it will be waiting for you to collect later.
- You’ll receive an order confirmation email to your student email address (not your personal email).
- A few days to a week later, you’ll receive another email to confirm if your submitted photo has been approved or rejected. If your photo is rejected, you will need to use the same order link again and submit a new photo, fixing up any issues as needed, and wait for confirmation the new photo is approved.
- In 3-5 business days (or 5-7 during peak times) your card will be ready to collect – see the information for your campus below for how to collect it.
Please note: If you’re an online course student, the distance education student ID card ordering process is different and you’ll use a different form to order your card.
Collect your student ID card
If you’ve ordered your card and received emails to say the photo you submitted was approved, you can collect your pre-ordered card at the ASK La Trobe Help Zone at your campus during opening hours.
Tips before going to collect your card:
- Be sure to check your student email first to make sure your photo was approved and the card is ready before you make and/or attend your appointment to avoid disappointment!
- Bring a government-issued photo ID like a passport or Australian driver’s licence (please don’t bring an overseas licence) so we can confirm who you are.