We acknowledge that this is a very uncertain time for everyone. We want you to know that all of our Student Wellbeing Services are currently open and available to support you during the current lockdown.
We encourage you to contact our Health and Wellbeing Resource Centre remotely for more information about our services and new appointments by calling (03) 9479 1085 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’re not sure what support you need, our Student Liason Officers can help!
- Wellbeing Check-In, for students who may not need therapeutic counselling but might just need a check-in, are in quarantine/isolation or just need some additional support.
- Counselling, short term individual counselling appointments.
- Safer Community, support and advice for unacceptable behaviour and concerns both on and off-campus.
- Accessibility, support for carers, and those living with a mental health condition, ongoing medical condition or disability.
- Multifaith Spiritual Wellbeing, spiritual care and guidance with Advisors.
- Men’s health and wellbeing.
- LGBTIQA+ health and wellbeing.
- Indigenous health and wellbeing.
Out-of-hours Crisis Line
Please be aware that our out-of-hours Crisis Line is also available by calling 1300 146 307 or texting 0488 884 100. This service operates 5pm-9am on weekdays and 24 hours during weekends and public holidays.
How to prepare for remote appointments
Appointments are available for all services:
- Via Video (Zoom)
- By Phone
Check out our handy guide on how to prepare for remote appointments.
Looking after your Mental Health and Wellbeing during COVID-19
The outbreak of COVID-19 is a unique situation and for many people can generate different emotions. There are many normal factors that contribute to stress in our daily lives such as work, study, finances and relationships which may now have been further compounded by the new COVID-19 lockdown.
We have a brand new Health and Wellbeing resource Hub available for students that contains information about many different topics such as:
- Safer Community resources. Learn about sexual harm, bullying, domestic and partner violence, online safety and more.
- Healthy and respectful relationships, gender equality and respect, consent and more.
- LGBTIQA+ resources.
- Physical and mental health and wellbeing resources.
- Neurodiversity at La Trobe.
- Men’s health and wellbeing resources.
- Accessibility Hub resources.
- Financial resources.
- Multifaith and spiritual wellbeing resources.
Check out La Trobe Health and Wellbeing’s online guide for self-care and supporting your mental, emotional and physical wellbeing.