Are you an international student looking for advice on graduate employability? Check out these employability events coming up!
Employability Masterclass for International Students: Personal Branding and LinkedIn
Did you know that LinkedIn is the number one platform for recruiters looking for talent in 2022?
In this workshop, you will learn:
- How to maximize your LinkedIn profile
- How to use LinkedIn to find a job
- Why the ‘Alumni’ tool is the best-kept secret on LinkedIn
- How to send professional connection requests and messages to expand your network
- How to foster new connections to build strong professional relationships.
Join Josh Farr, founder of Campus Consultancy as he walks you through the techniques to maximize your LinkedIn profile.
When: Tuesday 3 May 2022, 5:00pm – 6:00pm (AEST)
Employability Masterclass for International Students: Professional Communication
Did you know that 93% of making an impression is not what you say? (Journal of Counselling Psychology)
When you meet with an employer, how will you tell your story & show them you’re the perfect fit for the role?
In this workshop, you will:
- Practice the skills to compel employers to engage with you on a personal level.
- Understand your motivations & be moved to act on your ‘ask.’
You will be a more confident communicator by the end of this workshop!
Join Josh Farr, Founder, Campus Consultancy as he walks you through the techniques to becoming a more confident communicator.
When: Wednesday 4 May 2022, 1:00pm – 2:00pm (AEST)
Transition to professional life in Australia: A panel session for international students
International students face multiple challenges when transitioning from their student life to professional life in Australia.
- What activities are you undertaking as a student to enhance your employability and ensure your employment after graduation?
- Do you know what employers are really looking for in graduates?
- How can you stand out as an international student?
- Are you confident in articulating your value proposition to your employer?
- How have international alumni from La Trobe University navigated to the Australian workforce?
Join us as we discuss the above topics and answer your questions in this interactive panel session featuring recent international alumni.
When: Thursday 5 May, 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM (AEST)
Employability Masterclass for International Students: Interview Skills
Are you looking for a job in 2022?
A key step is to ace the interview and it is crucial you feel prepared and confident to answer any questions thrown your way.
If you want to stand out in an online application or job interview, knowing what skills to focus on, having examples prepared and feeling confident in your delivery are the three major steps.
In this workshop, you’ll learn top tips to mastering interview questions and how to identify transferrable skills that you didn’t even know you had!
Join Josh Farr, Founder, Campus Consultancy, as he walks you through the steps to understanding key steps to acing your interview(s).
When: Tuesday 10 May 2022, 4:00pm – 5:00pm (AEST)
Career Ready OnLine
Have you logged into Career Ready OnLine?
Check out great features such as the CV and Cover Letter Builder, CV360 resume check with immediate feedback and lots advice to help you develop stand out job applications.
Once you’re happy with your docs, make sure you upload them to your Career Portfolio so you’re one step closer to achieving a Career Ready Advantage Award!