Top enquiries coming through ASK La Trobe – where else you can find answers to your questions

ASK La Trobe is experiencing a high volume of enquiries at the moment. If you’re having trouble getting through, you can try searching for answers via our Student FAQ site while you wait.

Here, we’ve included themes of your most frequently asked questions – please read on for links to more detailed information.

Enrolling in subjects

You can self-enrol into your subjects via StudentOnLine until midnight, Sunday 2 August. After that date, you’ll need Subject Coordinator approval to enrol in subjects.

Here is the most searched info from our FAQs and the student website to help you out:

Resetting your password

You can use our online Password rest tool to reset your password. If you get stuck, our friendly Student IT Support team is here to help.  

Waiting to hear back about your Variation of Enrolment or your Course transfer

We’re currently working through the last VoE and Course transfer outcomes. Keep an eye on your student email as we’ll contact you as soon as we’ve confirmed the outcome. We know it’s stressful as the semester has started, but don’t worry, we’ll confirm the outcome with you soon.

Timetable – Allocate+ class allocations full

Allocate+ Allocation Adjustment mode closes Monday 3 August. Before that date, you can attempt to re-allocate your timetable. However, this depends on the number of spaces available in that class.

Here is the most searched info from our FAQs and the student website to help you out:

Choosing your major or changing your major in StudentOnLine

To find out what the possible majors and minors are for your course, and for the credit point requirements, have a look through the University Handbook for detailed information.

If you need assistance to choose your major, you can check out the following step-by-step guide: How to choose your major.

Results and grade codes

Semester 1, 2020 results have now been published. You can check your results via the ‘results’ tab in StudentOnLine.

In addition, here is the most searched info from our FAQs and the student website to help you out:

Official university documents – Academic transcripts and Course completion letters

If you need a course completion letter to confirm:

  • completion status for permanent residency applications
  • your completion or graduation details
  • Australian Computer Society (ACS) accreditation (for more information please view our FAQ)
  • Law school completion of Priestley 11 subjects
  • If you require the completion letter to be certified by the University for the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT), please mention this under Additional Instructions.

Complete your application via our online payment portal to receive your completion letter via email.

Academic transcripts

If you’re completing your course this year, you don’t need to order a digital academic transcript. We’ll send you a complimentary digital copy of your official academic transcript via My eQuals within a few weeks of your course completion is confirmed. This is sent to your personal email address, so please make sure your details are up-to-date in StudentOnLine.

If you haven’t completed your course but would like to order a digital My eQuals academic transcript online you can complete an online order. All digital transcript orders will be provided via your personal email address so make sure your personal email is up-to-date in StudentOnLine.