After many months of mayhem due to COVID, the Student Health and Wellbeing team want to let you know that we’re working harder than ever to make sure we’re there for you in whatever Wellbeing capacity you need to help you with your transition to Uni – whether you’re a new or returning student. We have some important changes and updates to let you know regarding Health and Wellbeing’s services this year.
Opening Hours and Access Information – Semester 1, 2021
First of all, we are excited to announce that from 15 February 2021, students will be able to access all student Health and Wellbeing services online and some limited face-to-face appointments.
Student Health and Wellbeing services include:
- Student Counselling Services
- Accessibility Hub (formerly Equity and Diversity)
- Safer Community (formerly Speak Up)
- Wellbeing Check-In – not sure what support you need or just want a callback? Fill out this form
- Wellbeing Connect – Complex case management
- Men’s Health and Wellbeing Program and counselling
- LGBTIQA+ Support
- Indigenous Health and Wellbeing
Support and Wellbeing during COVID-19
Feeling anxious, worried, isolated, in quarantine or just need some support?
During the COVID-19 pandemic you may need a different kind of support. Our services are here to help you for whatever your wellbeing needs may be.
To request a call or online video chat (Zoom) from one of our Wellbeing team, click on the Request a call from our Wellbeing Connect team link, fill out the form and we will get in touch with you as soon as possible.
If you just want some tips and tricks on how take care of your mental health and wellbeing during this time, check out our Mental Health and Wellbeing during COVID-19 resources on the MY La Trobe Wellbeing support during COVID 19 page. You can also request a call from here.
When you visit any of our services face-to-face there are few things we require you to do:
- Make a booking online via our website www.latrobe.edu.au/wellbeing,
- Familiarise yourself with how to access the campus via Student FAQs for COVID-19 website
- Upon arrival, scan the QR code and provide your Building name, your Name and your Student ID Number (e.g. LIMS1: Jane Smith 12456778). There will be different QR code for staff and students to use.
- The following are considered ‘Conditions of Entry’ that you acknowledge when they sign in:
- You are feeling well and have no symptoms of Coronavirus COVID-19
- You have not been in contact with a confirmed Coronavirus COVID-19 case in the last 14 days
- You have not been directed to self-isolate due to Coronavirus COVID-19
Some points to note:
- Please observe physical distancing of 1.5m between yourself and Wellbeing staff and other students at all times.
- Follow all signage when attending any of the Student Health and Wellbeing buildings.
La Trobe University Crisis Line
Don’t forget that we have our La Trobe University Crisis Line for out-of-hours mental health and wellbeing support. This service operates 5 pm-9 am on weekdays and 24 hours during weekends and public holidays.
Phone 1300 146 307 or text 0488 884 100.