Do you wake up often, wake up too early, or struggle to fall asleep?
The Psychology Clinic, partnering with the Olga Tennison Autism Research Centre at La Trobe University, is conducting research on sleep intervention (SLEAPI) for adults, including adults on the autism spectrum.
SLEAPI uses a combination of skills training, group discussion and exercises with others experiencing sleep difficulties.
Throughout this series of workshops, you will be able to understand the following:
- Cause of your sleep difficulties
- Methods to break your sleep cycle (eg. mindfulness)
- Dealing with the barriers you may struggle with when you try new sleep strategies
- Normal adult sleep/its variations, your own sleep, your personal sleep goals, and helpful sleep habits for you
You will be encouraged to try these methods at home to build a new sleep pattern that is good for you. We will provide you with self-help materials you can continue to use after the intervention.
This is a wonderful way to also learn how to naturally have a healthy sleep cycle without the use of medication.
The SLEAPI intervention includes 5 x 2-hour sleep workshops run over 6 weeks and is provided at no cost. We are running two further groups in 2022, with start date and times below:
- Group 1: Starts Wednesday 26 October and continues every Wednesday from 5 to 7pm
- Group 2: Starts Thursday 27 October and continues every Thursday from 12 to 2 pm
If you would like to know more, please email the SLEAPI team.
Ethics Approval #HEC21402