Round 3 Industry Placement Bursaries (previously ‘College Employability Grants’) are now open. For students interning or involved in a work placement, these programs play a vital role in being job-ready for the future.
La Trobe University believes preparing to be job-ready is important. As such, we support students with bursaries to help cover costs during placements, including undergraduate students undertaking placement subjects or elective placement subjects.
To meet the eligibility criteria, you must:
- Be enrolled as a domestic undergraduate student
- Be enrolled in an undergraduate placement subject and have/will undertake an internship or work placement in the Summer Teaching Period
- Meet criteria for financial and educational disadvantage
- Have not received an employment grant in the current academic year
Who is not eligible for Industry Placement Bursaries?
Students enrolled in postgraduate courses are not eligible for this grant.
How much are the bursaries worth? When are they paid?
The Industry Placement bursaries are worth $1000 and are paid in a single payment.
Recipient selection criteria is based on:
- Application addressing the eligibility criteria
- Supporting documentation (Please note, you will not be contacted regarding missing or incomplete supporting documentation and all supporting documentation must be provided by the closing date).
- Placement subjects undertaken as part of your studies
- Experience must be a minimum of 70 hours in duration
- Ranking by criteria around the financial and educational disadvantage criteria within VTAC SEAS and equity scholarships
- Other indicators will be considered such as low SES status, first in family, regional status, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and distance travelled to placement
Round 3 closes on Sunday 6 November 2022 at 11:59 pm. For more information, contact our scholarships team at firstname.lastname@example.org.