Round 1 Industry Placement Bursaries (previously College Employability Grants) are now open. For students taking an internship or in a work placement, these programs play a vital role in being job-ready for the future.
La Trobe University believes preparing to be job-ready is important.
And as such we support students with bursaries to help cover costs during a placement including undergraduate students undertaking placement subjects or elective placement subjects.
Round 1 closes on Sunday 14 of May 2023 11.59 pm and is relevant to students commencing a placement during the Semester 1 Teaching Period (28 of February – 25 of June). Students are not required to have completed their placement by the 25 of June to be eligible.
La Trobe is also offering a unique STEM Industry placement bursary, designed to support students who are completing a Work-Based Learning placement in a STEM course (see below).
Students only need to apply once and will be assessed for the Industry Placement Bursary and the STEM Industry Placement Bursary, if eligible.
To meet the eligibility criteria for the Industry Placement Bursary a student must be:
- Enrolled as a domestic undergraduate student
- Enrolled in an undergraduate placement subject and have or will commence an internship/work placement in the Semester 1 Teaching Period
- Meet criteria for financial disadvantage and educational disadvantage
- Not have received an Industry Placement Bursary in the current academic year
To meet the eligibility criteria for a STEM Industry Placement Bursary a student must also be enrolled in one of the following:
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Biological Sciences
- Bachelor of Biomedical Science
- Bachelor of Biomedicine
- Bachelor of Wildlife and Conservation Biology
- All double degrees where the above courses are included
Who isn’t eligible for Industry Placement Bursaries?
Students enrolled in postgraduate courses are not eligible for this grant.
How much are the bursaries worth and when are they paid?
The Industry Placement Bursaries are worth $1000.
The STEM Industry Placement Bursaries are worth $2500.
They are paid in a single payment.
Recipient selection criteria is based on:
- Application addressing the eligibility criteria
- Supporting documentation, please note, you will not be contacted regarding missing or incomplete supporting documentation and all supporting documentation must be provided by the closing date.
- Placement subjects undertaken as part of your studies
- Experience must be a minimum of 70 hours in duration
- Other indicators will be considered such as low SES status, first in family, regional status, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and distance travelled to placement
How to apply
Need further information?
Email our scholarships team: firstname.lastname@example.org.