Here at LaTrobe, we’re all about creating a safe, respectful and inclusive learning and working environment. This is the foundation of our culture and is also crucial to your study success.
Every member of the La Trobe community has a part to play in ensuring that our university meets this standard. So, as one of our commencing students, we ask that you complete RPC8010, Respectful Behaviour and Culture – an online unit that discusses some complex and important issues.
What you’ll learn from the module
The Respectful Behaviour and Culture Module comprises 6 topics:
- What is Respect
- Human Rights
- Sex, Gender and Sexuality
- Sexual and Reproductive Rights, Gender Equality and Gender Based Violence.
- Respectful Relationships and Consent
- Be the Change
In doing this module, you’ll:
- learn about your rights and responsibilities as a student at La Trobe
- consider you own preconceptions and biases
- gain practical knowledge that will help you navigate your time as a student, your personal relationships and your future career.
How to complete the module
All commencing students are automatically enrolled in this module from O-Week. You can access it through the student LMS.
To successfully complete the module, you must answer all of the questions within the module content. You should complete the module during your first semester of study.
Support is available
If you have any questions about the module, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you or someone you know is impacted by sexual harm or family violence, contact 1800RESPECT on 1800 737 732 or La Trobe’s Safer Community service. In an emergency, call Triple Zero (000).