COVID-19 Update: New processes for reporting positive test results

As the number of COVID-19 cases continue to increase within Victoria, this is also impacting people within our La Trobe community. 

If you have tested positive or are currently isolating, the Department of Health have prepared a checklist for what to do if you test positive to COVID-19 which includes resources and information about further support. 

Below is some important information outlining how and when to report positive test results. 

Notify the Department of Health 

If you have tested positive for COVID-19 on a rapid antigen test (RAT), you must self-report your result to the Department of Health as soon as possible via this online form or by phoning the Coronavirus Hotline on 1800 675 398. 

Positive RAT results are now considered official by the government, so it is no longer necessary to confirm this result via an additional PCR test – see:

Notify the University

If you attended campus (or an offsite University activity, placement or research site) in the preceding 48 hours before becoming symptomatic / testing positive you also need to inform the University of your positive test result, your whereabouts on campus in the preceding 48 hours, isolation period and case number by completing our COVID-19 Notification form. This information will be held securely and confidentially, and only be used for contact tracing to help the University manage the risk of COVID-19 transmission, and ensure compliance with government public health directions. 

For information on how we handle your personal information, please refer to the COVID-19 Vaccination Privacy Collection Notice on the Policy Library.

If you had already notified the University of a positive test result via our earlier process by contacting our Health and Safety team directly, you do not need to resupply this information. 

We recognise this continues to be a challenging time and encourage you to look after yourselves, your family and your fellow students. Please reach out to our Health, Wellbeing and Inclusion team if you need help or support.