Do you catch the tram to the Melbourne Campus, or drive or pass through the Plenty Road and Kingsbury Drive intersection?
Over the next few months, you may notice some safety improvement works taking place in this area.
The works will make it safer for pedestrians and cyclists and include several improvements to the tram stop, pedestrian crossings, and the intersection of Plenty Road and Kingsbury Drive. The works are being undertaken by Vic Roads.
If you’re travelling through the area, keep an eye out for changed traffic conditions, plan ahead and allow for an extra five minutes of travel time.
- Works commence early May 2021 and are expected to be completed by July 2021
- Construction hours are 9.30am – 3.30pm Monday to Friday.
- The northbound left lane on Kingsbury Drive will be closed from 9.30am to 3.30pm while crews complete works on the shared user path in early May 2021.
- Night works will commence late May, Sundays to Thursdays from 8pm to 5am
- Detours will be in place during the construction period, with traffic controllers on-site to help you move safely through the area.
For all the latest information on this project, please visit the Vic Roads website.