Applications now open until Friday 22 May.
The City of Melbourne has partnered with Queen Victoria Market on the ‘Our Shout’ program to help international students access fresh food and produce during this challenging period. This program aims to support international students who are impacted by job loss, housing insecurity or other financial difficulties associated with COVID-19.
You can now apply for vouchers valued at $200 to purchase groceries and food from the Queen Victoria Market. The vouchers will be available for 1000 recipients.
Food vouchers will be provided to international students in denominations of $5 to be redeemed from all food-related stalls at the market. Change will be provided to any spend under the voucher value.
To be eligible, you must:
• be an international student
• live and/or study in the City of Melbourne municipality
• provide a copy or photo of your valid and current student ID
• provide a copy or photo of my valid and current student visa
• be in genuine need of food assistance due to financial hardship
• be able to physically pick up your own vouchers from Melbourne Town Hall or Queen Victoria Market (QVM).
Complete and submit your application online. Applications close Friday 22 May at 5pm.