As communicated on 14 July – Message from the Vice-Chancellor: Building our University for now and the future – the University has been progressing a Transformation Program to ensure that we are in a strong position for future growth. The program supports La Trobe’s Strategic Plan 2020-2030, developed to help the University emerge from COVID-19 as a more resilient, future-focused and efficient institution.
Consultation and feedback on the University change proposal was gathered from staff, students and community until 18 August 2021. The feedback has been carefully reviewed and updates made to the structures for teams before the decision to proceed was shared with La Trobe staff on 16 September 2021.
The new operating model will come into effect from January 2022. The changes reinforce our commitment to our students, with many enhancements to the student experience, including:
- More counsellors and wellbeing specialists across all campuses.
- Additional ASK La Trobe staff to meet increased demand.
- Additional student advisors at both undergraduate and postgraduate level.
- Continued core focus on providing high-quality research education and development programs for graduate research candidates.
- Better connected administrative teams to improve service and reduce wait times.
- Digital transformation to improve our student IT systems.
- Increased access to industry experience and work-integrated-learning.
There will also be changes to our college and school structures. These changes are largely administrative in nature and don’t affect course content, subject offerings or the qualification you will receive when you complete your degree. In many cases, you will see increased choice and flexibility in the subjects you can choose and the modes in which you can study.
For more information about the Transformation Program see our student FAQs.