If there’s one study abroad scholarship this year you absolutely do not want to miss out on, it’s this one.
You could be awarded up to $67,000 as a recipient of a New Colombo Plan (NCP) Scholarship to complete study and work experience in Asia.
The New Colombo Plan Scholarship Program provides opportunities for Australian undergraduate students to undertake semester-based study and internships or mentorships in 40 participating Indo-Pacific locations.
The NCP Scholarship program supports students from all disciplines and diverse socio-economic backgrounds to participate, including Indigenous Australians, people with disability, LGBQTI persons and students from regional and remote areas. Across Australia, more than 40 of the 120 recipients hailed from regional and remote areas in last year’s round
Benefits (valued up to $67,000):
Successful NCP Scholarship recipients will receive:
- Tuition fees to cover the cost of study for up to two semesters overseas
- 1-6 months of full-time in-country language training
- A travel allowance of $2,500
- An establishment allowance of $2,500
- A monthly stipend of $2,500
- Health and travel insurance for the duration of their overseas Scholarship Program
- A dedicated Case Manager.
To qualify for a nomination you must:
- Be aged 18-28 (inclusive) on 1 January, 2020
- Be an Australian Citizen
- Be currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree at La Trobe University
- Have completed one year of undergraduate study at the time of departure
- Have achieved a minimum 70% WAM
- Be willing to spend semester 2, 2020, or semester 1, 2021, on exchange at an existing partner in Asia
- Have some community engagement or volunteer experience.
How to apply
The team at La Trobe Abroad will guide you through the application process and make sure your application is the best it can be.
Please submit your expression of interest to be considered for this prestigious award by Wednesday 10 July.
Contact Brett Smith at La Trobe Abroad with any queries or for more information: email@example.com
Past New Colombo Plan Scholars
See what former scholars had to say about their experience!
Four La Trobe students received NCP Scholarships in 2018. Read their stories and get an insight into why they were successful.
Rebecca Thornton and Sidney Mason in 2017, and the video below from Jake Schatz in 2015.