Show us what you’ve got
Dance numbers in Indian films have warmed our screens (and hearts) for decades and now we want to see what you’ve got!
The Indian Film Festival Melbourne (IFFM) is back with a star-studded line-up. As an official partner of the IFFM, La Trobe is giving away some exclusive tickets to the Awards Night on 14 August.
We’ve got 2 double passes to give away to 2 lucky La Trobe students who can wow us with their best moves.
Here’s how you can participate:
1. Follow @mylatrobe on Instagram and @latrobeuni on Instagram or
2. Create a dance video to your favourite Indian Film Song
3. Post your video on Instagram and/or TikTok and include #IFFMxLaTrobe in the video captions so we can find your video
Contest closes 10 August so get in while you can!
Full Terms and Conditions below.
Terms and Conditions
- La Trobe University (ABN 64 804 735 113) (“La Trobe”) is conducting a competition called the “Indian Film Festival Melbourne x La Trobe Social Media Dance Competition 2022” (“Competition”).
- These terms and conditions apply to the Competition and by submitting your entry you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Any entry that does not comply with these terms and conditions may be deemed invalid and ineligible to win a prize.
- The Competition is open from 6pm (AEST), 3 August 2022 to 11.59pm(AEST) 10 August 2022 (“Competition Period”). Any entry received after the expiry of the Competition Period will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost, delayed or misdirected entries. La Trobe reserves the right to extend the Competition Period in its sole discretion.
4. The Competition is open to currently enrolled La Trobe University students, who are 18 years old or older, resident in Victoria, Australia. A valid Student ID number must be presented upon request for an entrant to be eligible to win a prize.
5. Entrants must:
Follow La Trobe University’s @mylatrobe account on Instagram and @latrobeuni on either Instagram or TikTok.
Upload their dance video for submission onto their own Instagram Reels or TikTok account with the hashtag #IFFMxLaTrobe in the video caption.
6. Entry into the Competition is free.
7. Entrants may enter the Competition once.
8. By submitting an entry, each entrant warrants to La Trobe that:
- the entrant owns or has the right to submit their entry for this Competition;
- the entrant has obtained consent from any person in their entry to use their image for this Competition
- their entry, and La Trobe’s use of their entry, will not:
- infringe any person’s copyright or other intellectual property rights;
- infringe any person’s privacy rights or any applicable privacy laws; or
- breach any other laws.
9. Each entrant grants to La Trobe a perpetual, royalty-free licence to use, reproduce, publish and communicate their entry, including a right to sublicense it to other parties (including posting on La Trobe’s social media accounts, in any format for the purpose of the Competition and for La Trobe’s marketing and promotional purposes.
Judging and Prizes
10. La Trobe will judge all valid entries received within the Competition Period and select winners randomly (“Prize Winners”).
11. La Trobe will select up to two people to win a prize. Winning entrants will be determined based on the creativity of their submitted entries.
12. The prizes will consist of two double passes to the Indian Film Festival Melbourne 2022 Awards Night on 14 August 2022. One double pass will be awarded to each winner. The prizes are valued a $200 each and cannot be redeemed for cash.
13. The Prize Winners will be notified within 48 hours after the end of the Competition Period by direct message through their Instagram or TikTok account.
14. The decisions of La Trobe regarding Prize Winners are final and will be binding on each entrant. No correspondence or communications will be entered into. If after reasonable efforts a Prize Winner cannot be contacted, cannot accept a prize or is deemed to be ineligible to enter the Competition, La Trobe reserves the right to select a different Prize Winner.
15. If any event prevents or hinders the Competition or La Trobe’s ability to deliver a prize, La Trobe may in its absolute discretion cancel the Competition, select another Prize Winner or provide a similar prize of equivalent value.
16. La Trobe may refuse to award a prize, or seek its recovery, in the event of the relevant entrant’s fraud, dishonesty, or non-entitlement under, or breach of, these terms and conditions. In the event of a dispute concerning the identity of the person who submits an entry, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the social media account on which the entry is posted.
17. Each entrant consents to La Trobe using any personal information supplied or connected with their entry for the purposes of the Competition and for La Trobe’s marketing and promotional purposes.
Disclaimer and liability
19. La Trobe accepts no responsibility for invalid, misdirected, lost or delayed entries, any incorrect or inaccurate information, any equipment or technical error, or for any defect in, theft, destruction, unauthorised access to or alteration of any entry.
20. To the extent permitted by law, La Trobe will not be liable for any injury, damages, expenses, or loss whatsoever (whether direct or indirect) to persons or property as a result of any person entering the Competition or accepting or using any prize, including without limitation non-receipt of any prize.
21. To the extent permitted by law, all warranties in respect of the prize, whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise, are excluded. To the extent such warranties cannot be excluded by law but liability can lawfully be limited, liability is limited at La Trobe’s option to replacing the prize or the cost of replacing the prize or acquiring an equivalent item.