It’s that time of Semester when it can all begin to feel a bit too much to handle.
We feel you, and that’s why we want you to know there’s places at your Campus and in your community you can turn for help.
Student Wellbeing Advisor
Meet Courtney Henderson, Mildura’s Student Wellbeing Advisor!
She’s available Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursday mornings. Here’s the sorts of services she can provide:
- Counselling services – free and confidential short term counselling https://www.latrobe.edu.au/students/support/wellbeing/counselling
- Equity and Diversity – help and support for students studying with a disability, mental health or other long term medical condition. https://www.latrobe.edu.au/students/support/wellbeing/studying-with-a-disability/register
To make an appointment you can email Courtney.Henderson@latrobe.edu.au, or fill out a registration form online (in links above). Otherwise, make an appointment at the Mildura Campus reception desk.
La Trobe University Crisis Line
But what do you do when you find yourself struggling after hours?
La Trobe has recently introduced the La Trobe University Crisis Line.
This line provides out of hours mental health and wellbeing support.
It is available from 5.00pm until 9.00am weekdays, weekends and public holidays. You can call or text to access free and confidential support.
Phone: 1300 146 307
Text: 0488 884 100
Student Wellbeing Services information
Head to latrobe.edu.au/students and hover over the “help and support” tab at the top of the page to see more of the supports available to you.
- Lifeline: 24/7 telephone counselling on 13 11 14
- Kids Helpline: five to 25 years old or younger. 24/7 telephone counselling on 1800 551 800
- Suicide line: 24/7 telephone counselling on 1300 651 251.
- Suicide Call Back Service: 24/7 telephone counselling on 1300 659 467, or register for 24/7 text-based online counselling