- La Trobe University (ABN 64 804 735 113) (“University”) of Bundoora, Victoria, 3086, is
conducting a competition called the “SFS Survey Competition 2021” (“Competition”).
- These terms and conditions apply to the Competition and by submitting your entry you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Any entry that does not comply with these terms and conditions may be deemed invalid and ineligible to win a prize.
- The Competition is open from 9.00am (AEST) 23 September 2021 until 11.59pm (AEST) 10 October 2021 (“Competition Period”). Any entry received after the expiry of the Competition Period will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost, delayed or misdirected entries. The University reserves the right to extend the Competition Period in its sole discretion.
- The Competition is open to all currently enrolled undergraduate and postgraduate coursework students of the University. Entrants less than 18 years old must have the consent of their parent or guardian to enter the Competition.
- To enter the Competition, an entrant must:
- complete a Student Feedback on Subjects survey (the survey is available online via LMS or direct email link) 9.00am (AEST) 23 September 2021 until 11.59pm (AEST) 10 October 2021; and
- Entry into the Competition is free. Only one entry per person is permitted.
- For the avoidance of doubt, any incomplete entries that do not satisfy the above requirements will be ineligible to win the prize.
- By submitting an entry, each entrant warrants to the University that:
- if below 18 years of age, they have the permission of their parent or guardian to enter the Competition;
- all details provided with their entry are true and accurate;
- the entrant will comply with these Terms and Conditions;
- their entry, and the University’s use of their entry, will not:
- infringe any person’s copyright or other intellectual property rights;
- infringe any person’s privacy rights or any applicable privacy laws; or
- breach any other laws.
- Each entrant grants to La Trobe a perpetual, royalty-free licence to use, reproduce, publish and communicate their entry, including a right to sublicense it to other parties (including posting on La Trobe’s social media accounts, in any format for the purpose of the Competition and for La Trobe’s marketing and promotional purposes.
Judging and Prizes
- The University will select up to 10 winners at random at the end of the Competition Period.
- The prizes will consist of 10 x Visa cards of $100 plus activation fee (each valued at $105.95).
- The prizes cannot be redeemed for cash.
- The Prize Winners will be notified by email sent to their University student email account by 22 October 2021 with instructions for collecting their prizes. The Prize Winners will also be announced on the University’s MyLaTrobe website.
- The decision of the University regarding the Prize Winners is final and will be binding on each entrant. No correspondence or communications will be entered into. If after reasonable efforts a Prize Winner cannot be contacted, cannot accept a prize or is deemed to be ineligible to enter the Competition, the University reserves the right to select a different Prize Winner.
- If any event prevents or hinders the Competition or the University’s ability to deliver a prize, the University may in its absolute discretion cancel the Competition, select another Prize Winner or provide a similar prize of equivalent value.
- The University may refuse to award a prize, or seek its recovery, in the event of the relevant entrant’s fraud, dishonesty, or non-entitlement under, or breach of, these terms and conditions.
Disclaimer and Liability
- The University accepts no responsibility for invalid, misdirected, lost or delayed entries, any incorrect or inaccurate information, any equipment or technical error, or for any defect in, theft, destruction, unauthorised access to or alteration of any entry.
- To the extent permitted by law, the University will not be liable for any injury, damages, expenses, or loss whatsoever (whether direct or indirect) to persons or property as a result of any person entering the Competition or accepting or using any prize, including without limitation non-receipt of any prize.
- To the extent permitted by law, all warranties in respect of the prize, whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise, are excluded. To the extent such warranties cannot be excluded by law but liability can lawfully be limited, liability is limited at the University’s option to replacing the prize or the cost of replacing the prize or acquiring an equivalent item.
- This competition is conducted under, and must be construed by, the laws of the state of Victoria and the laws of Victoria govern the terms and conditions of this Competition.
- To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other information, documents, communications or representations relating to the Competition, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.