La Trobe Sport is pleased to announce it will be reopening its sport and recreation facilities on Wednesday June 24.
With the easing of government restrictions, the University has provided approval for the following facilities to reopen with reduced opening hours:
- La Trobe Sports Stadium
- La Trobe Sports Centre (including the gym, pool and specialty studios)
In conjunction with the University, La Trobe Sport has been closely monitoring the situation and working towards a phased return of activities through a careful COVIDSafe process which complies with government health and safety requirements.
La Trobe Sport staff have worked extremely hard to ensure that we will be providing the safest environment possible for our community upon the reopening of our facilities. We are asking all of our members and customers to consult our Return to Sport and Recreation Guidelines and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) below to ensure they are aware of the temporary new processes we have put in place before attending our facilities.
La Trobe Sport would like to thank all of our valued members and customers for your ongoing patience throughout this period, and we appreciate your understanding and compliance towards our new processes while restrictions remain in place.
Should you have any other questions that are not covered in our FAQ section, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us via email (email@example.com) or over the phone (9479 2973).
Return to Sport and Recreation Guidelines
- Adhere to density measures: There will be a maximum of 20 people per space or zone at our facilities, with up to 10 people per group activity or class. Each individual sporting activity should comply with their relevant sporting body guidelines. There are no limits on the number of people per group or class if all participants are 18 years old or younger.
- Keep your distance: All customers must abide by all physical distancing and circulation signage and requirements.
- Bring a water bottle:Water fountains will not be made accessible to drink from. Water fountains will only be accessible for those who wish to fill up their water bottles. Water will be available for purchase at both facilities.
- No Towel = No Training: We will be enforcing a STRICT no towel, no training policy. If you forget your towel, you can purchase one at reception.
- Not feeling 100%?: Please stay at home for the health and safety of our community. Your gains can wait an extra day or two until you’re fully fit and healthy to return.
- Change rooms and showers:
- Sports Centre – Limited shower & change room access will be available with some areas restricted to ensure we comply with social distancing requirements.
- Sports Park – Courtside change rooms in the Sports Stadium will remain closed and all users must utilise the toilet facilities in the reception corridor. Come prepared to train.
- No cash payments: All casual bookings and visitors to La Trobe Sport facilities are to pay prior to access and/or the booking start date and time. Payments can be processed by any one of the following options:
- Payments can be made by contacting La Trobe Sport on 9479 2973 and finalising payment with credit card over the phone.
- Visiting the Sports Centre or Sports Stadium reception desk and making a cashless payment over the counter
- User groups with existing accounts will be invoiced as per usual.
- Sign in and out each visit: Each individual attending the La Trobe Sport facilities will need to register their attendance as per Victorian Government direction.
- Membership and Visit Pass Holders – all membership holders and visit pass holders must self-scan in and out at reception when they arrive.
- Casual visitors – all casual visitors using to the La Trobe Sports Centre and La Trobe Sports Stadium who have not registered with La Trobe Sport previously will be required to complete the Sports Casual Visit Form. This only needs to be completed once as a customer profile will be created in our client data base. Please come prepared with a completed application form available to download and print.
- Casual Gym, Pool and Group Exercise – come prepared with the Sports Casual Visit Form and pay using EFTPOS over the counter
- Casual Court and Field – must register all visits via https://visitance.net/.
- Groups and individuals – will be able to register their members visits via https://visitance.net/. La Trobe Sport has introduced this program to meet the compliance obligations of tracking visitors to its facilities. Registering is simple and free.
- Your safety is important to us: To meet the state government’s new guidelines, we’ve had to make some changes to ensure your safety and the safety of others. Please read through our updated Access and Usage Terms and Conditions to ensure you are aware of these prior to visiting our facilities.