Have you thought about completing part of your uni degree overseas?
We know what you’re thinking: “I can’t leave my home right now, let alone leave the country!”
That’s true. But the lockdown won’t last forever and that’s why applications to study abroad in Semester 1, 2021 are open. Visit this link to apply now; it only requires five simple steps.
But you’ve got to be quick: applications will close on 10 May, 2020 – that’s only three weeks away!
Not sure what’s involved? The La Trobe Abroad team are holding a series of information sessions to help you understand the who, what, when, where, why and how of travelling overseas with Uni.
These Zoom sessions will take place on the following dates:
- Thursday, 23 April at 2.00pm: https://latrobe.zoom.us/j/97994500475
- Friday, 1 May at 11.00am: https://latrobe.zoom.us/j/93140835541
- Regional students session, Tuesday 28 April at 12.00pm: https://latrobe.zoom.us/j/99801792822
Funding for study tours and semesters abroad
We know it’s a challenging time financially for many of our students. But that doesn’t mean you can’t take advantage of our overseas study options. There’s a lot of scholarships and grants available to those wanting to experience Uni abroad.
For example, there’s a guaranteed mobility grant of $2000 for La Trobe students who go on a semester-long exchange.
You can also hit up the government for an OS Help Loan of up to $8,295. You may even be eligible for Centrelink benefits while overseas, even if you are not currently receiving any.
Existing La Trobe scholarships include:
- $4000 Strategic Mobility Scholarship if accepted into a priority partner university
- $7000 Academic Mobility Scholarship for students with a WAM over 85
Other, new grants for 2021 include:
- $500 if accepted into Sheffield Hallam University, UK, for a semester
- $1000 per person if you Bring A Friend on exchange to a priority partner university
- $500 East China Normal University for a semester
- $1,000 Aspire grant for a semester
- $1,500 VC Scholarship for a semester
Full T&C’s on all of the above at our funding page.