It’s a day you’ll remember forever, as you celebrate your success with family and friends. Get across all the details ahead of time to make the day a breeze.
1. How do I find out when the next ceremony is at my campus?
Find the dates for your campus here. But be sure to check back after results are released as sometimes dates change. And make sure you’re eligible to graduate before booking things like flights.
2. How do I register to graduate from my course?
Around 5-8 weeks before your round of ceremonies, La Trobe will email you an invitation to graduate. The email will include a link to the online graduation registration. You also have the option to defer to a later ceremony, or graduate in absentia (without attending a ceremony). Didn’t receive an email? Make sure your fees are sorted and your details are correct in StudentOnLine. Regional students may also have the option of graduating at Bundoora Campus during the Autumn and September ceremonies, if you can’t wait for your campus’ next ceremony.
3. How do I get guest tickets for the ceremony?
You’ll be offered two guest tickets which you can claim during the online registration and payment process. Make sure you claim these when you register, otherwise they may be made available to other guests. For some ceremonies, there won’t be additional tickets available. However, for others, we will email you before the ceremony with extra guest tickets up for grabs. La Trobe will notify if of the date in which you can expect to hear about additional guest tickets.
You can bring additional guests to graduation, however they’ll need to watch the live ceremony from the foyer. They’re also welcome to attend the other activities on the day, including joining you for photos and enjoying the light refreshments. Guest seats aren’t numbered or reserved, it’s first-in-best-dressed, so get there early.
4. Will my ceremony be live streamed?
Yes. Tell nanna to tune in online via this link.
5. How much does graduation cost?
The graduation fee is $220 for non-PhD and $235 for PhD (GST inclusive) students, and covers:
- your admission to the graduation ceremony
- hire of academic regalia (gown, cap and colours)
- two guest tickets
- light refreshments after the ceremony for you and your guests
Your registration isn’t confirmed until you pay this fee. It’s non-refundable if you cancel less than two weeks before the ceremony date. To cancel before the deadline and request a refund, please write to us via ASK a Question using your Student Email address.
6. Can I change my graduation ceremony date or time?
If you have received your graduation invitation (by email) and are not able to attend on the date allocated on your invite, you can submit a request to change your ceremony date/time before the deadline specified in your email. This request will need to be submitted online via the ASK a Question webpage.
7. How do I organise my academic dress for my graduation ceremony?
You can hire or purchase your academic gown during the online graduation registration process (refer to the instructions in your graduation email). It’ll be available for collection on the day in the gowning area. Most students wear formal clothes underneath their academic dress. The colour of the sash on your academic dress varies depending on your award.
8. Where do I park on the day of my graduation ceremony?
For Melbourne (Bundoora) Campus, Car park 3 is the closest to Union Hall. Traffic management staff will direct you to the nearest available parking. Parking is also available offsite at Albury-Wodonga, Bendigo, Mildura and Shepparton.
9. How early should I arrive on the day?
To avoid being stressed and sweaty in your gown, try to arrive two hours before your ceremony. This allows enough time to check-in, pick up your gown and take an obligatory family photo or ten.
10. How long does the ceremony go for?
Ceremonies usually last around 60-90 minutes, give or take. Leave time for refreshments, photos and celebrating afterwards, too. And make sure you get there early (see above).
11. How do I request special assistance at the ceremony?
If you, or any of your guests, need special assistance at the graduation ceremony (e.g. wheelchair access, visually impaired assistance or a deaf/Auslan interpreter), please let us know. You can do this upon registration in the additional comments/requests section. If you’re unable to do so upon registration and subsequent reminders, please let us know via ASK a Question.
12. What information will appear on my testamur/certificate?
Your testamur will have the following information printed on it:
- your name
- your award title
- your major (if you graduated from April 2017 onwards)
- your graduation (conferral) date
- the University Seal
- the signatures of the Chancellor and Vice-Chancellor.
13. How do I request official University letters for course completion?
Completion letters can be used to prove your:
- completion status for permanent residency applications
- completion or graduation details
14. How do I get an Academic Transcript?
La Trobe will email you a free digital copy of your official academic transcript a few weeks after the release of your final results. If you need your transcript early or you need a hard copy, you can order it (for a fee), via our online payment portal – choose to order either a hard copy or a digital copy. You can pick it up in person at an ASK La Trobe Help Zone or get one on-the-spot.
15. How long can I access my student email after completing my studies or graduating the University?
When you complete your course, graduate, or leave the University, your email account will be accessible for the following timeframes:
- Completed course (but haven’t graduated or conferred your award) – your account will remain active for 18 months from your course completion date.
- Graduated from your course – account will remain active for 120 days from your award conferral date
You will receive an email 30 days before your account is due to close. Make sure you back up any emails and data that you want to keep, as your mailbox and OneDrive will be deleted after the closure date listed in the email. If you need a password reset to access your account before the closure date, contact Student IT Support or ASK La Trobe.
Stay connected after you graduate
Still have questions?
Search through all the graduations FAQs online or contact ASK La Trobe.