The Employability Team is here to help you take part in a range of exciting programs, workshops and events designed to develop your employability skills and to help you be job ready by the time you graduate. These programs are designed for international students.
You can be involved in a broad range of opportunities through the employability program, including:
- Professional Learning – La Trobe offers an extensive range of professional development activities both live and on demand that enhance your skills and points of difference you can offer employers. Opportunities include mentoring and events focusing on work rights, Australian workplace culture and transitioning to professional life.
- Practical Experience – Undertake professional activities that will give you the skills and experience to set you apart from the crowd. Choose from industry experiences, internships, placements, leadership programs and more!
- Career Portfolio – Learn to develop high impact job applications. You will receive support to set your career goals, develop your CV and get practice undertaking interviews. Bespoke alumni networking events are also available to international students.
Some of the events planned for international students in the second semester include:
- Work Rights for International Students in Australia
- Understanding Australian Workplace Culture
- Transition to Professional Life (Alumni Event)
- Effective Career and Job Planning for International Students
- Building a Thriving Career as an International student- A Professional Networking session
Participating in any event will earn you points towards the Career Ready Advantage Award which is listed on your official transcript.