This year La Trobe is again a partner of the Bendigo Invention and Innovation Festival (BIIF).
Now in its 10th year, the festival will feature over 70 guest speakers and all for free! It’s running all September, starting from the 31st of August and ending the 2nd of October.
The festival will highlight innovation and opportunities within manufacturing, pathways in education, skills and strategies for startups and entrepreneurs, and more.
La Trobe is involved in the festival for many different activities, all listed below.
- 1 September: An Immigrants Journey – Leading to Innovation (Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences)
- 3 September: Revolutionising industry through AR/VR and the Internet of Things (Computer Science and IT, CISCO Chair of AI and IoT)
- 4 September: International Women in STEAM Forum (La Trobe Institute for Molecular Science)
- 4 September: Bendigo Health Accelerator (BHx) PitchFest – Ampisafe (La Trobe Accelerator graduate)
- 4 September: A Taste of Tomorrow (La Trobe Institute for Agriculture and Food)
- 8 September: Festival of Failure – a BIIF highlight event destigmatising the notion of failure (La Trobe Business School )
- 15 September: Showcasing Innovation in Greater Bendigo – Fraunhofer-Bendigo La Trobe partnership (La Trobe SEMS)
Keynote speakers include the Australian Space Agency’s Anthony Murfett, Austmine’s Christine Gibbs Stewart, the Advanced Manufacturing Growth Centre’s Paul Cooper and Michael Sharpe, the Centre for Optimism’s Victoria Perton, and Bendigo and Adelaide Bank’s CEO, Marnie Baker.
For more information on the event and to register, click here!