Applications for 2022 equity and access scholarships and bursaries are still open through VTAC. However, applications are closing soon.
Applications close Friday 8 October 2021 at 5pm (AEDT)
Would you like to know more?
How these scholarships can help
At La Trobe, our equity and access scholarships and bursaries support coursework students from all backgrounds to reach their potential at university.
They can support students who may have:
- Experienced financial difficulties
- Gone through personal hardship
- Come from a disadvantaged or underrepresented background
How much are they worth?
- Equity and access scholarships are worth $5000 per year
- Bursaries are usually valued at a $1000 one-off payment
- We also offer merit-based scholarships to recognise academic achievement. These are automatically assessed based on your results and don’t require an application
Easy application process
- To make applying easier, you only need to submit one (1) application and we’ll do the rest
- If your application is successful, we will match you to the scholarship or bursary that best fits your circumstances based on your eligibility
All new and current La Trobe students can apply for scholarships through VTAC.
- You don’t have to be applying for a course to submit a scholarship application
- VTAC accounts are only valid for the current application year (August 2021 to July 2022). This means accounts from previous years will no longer be active
What you will need to do is:
- Create a new VTAC account
- Enter any relevant study claims and associated student numbers
There is no charge to create a new VTAC account to apply for scholarships.
And to make things even easier, here are some samples and demonstration applications to prepare you before you apply.
Tips for applying
Want to ensure your application has the best chance of success?
- Attach any relevant supporting documentation or evidence in the sections when prompted
- Refer to the guide on supporting documentation for more information
Want to submit an application?
Submit your application for a La Trobe equity and access scholarship and let us support you to help achieve your goals