When: 28 November – 16 December, 2019 (summer semester)
Where: Albury-Wodonga Campus
La Trobe University is excited to offer a third year elective subject in partnership with industry: SHE3INC Industry Innovation Challenge.
Partnering with the Centre Against Violence for Summer 2019, students work in multi-disciplinary teams to develop innovative solutions on the topic of:
Managing high risk family violence cases in a cross-border context
Centre Against Violence (CAV) provides services with the purpose of reducing family violence and supporting both victims of family violence and those at risk. The team at CAV provide counselling, crisis accommodation and support, along with advocacy and education. Due to its location close to the NSW/Vic border, a number of systemic challenges exist – both for CAV and other organisations – particularly when victims and perpetrators live on different sides of the border.
Your challenge is to identify real world solutions to inform systemic change relevant to the cross border context. A key element of the subject will be to draw from the knowledge and experience of government and industry peers through attending the Family Violence Forum: Cross border Issues and Solutions on Wednesday 4 December. Whilst attendance at the forum is encouraged it is not mandatory.
- Workshops with LTU and CAV staff
- Support and Debriefing opportunities for students challenged by the subject content
- Project Briefing and Pitch Presentation
- Time spent working in your teams on the Challenge
- Three pieces of assessment (quiz, Challenge pitch presentation, reflection)
Can I do it?
- SHE3INC is open to students from SHE and ASSC colleges
- Social Work students who have completed SWP3REA, SWP3UIO and SWP3IDV but not SOC2MIN may enrol.
- You must have completed 120 credit points
- You must have a third year Elective available in your Study Plan
- You must have completed the Career Ready Orientation module available in the LMS
How do I enrol?
Enrol online through Studentonline.
Workshop Dates and Times
Workshop 1 10am-1pm Thursday 28/11/19
Workshop 2 Project Brief 10am-12 Friday 29/11/19
Workshop 3 Design Thinking 10am- 1pm Monday 02/12/19
Workshop 4 Design Thinking – Convergence 10am-1pm Tuesday 03/12/19
Workshop 5 Industry Partnering Mentoring Wed 1pm – 5pm 04/12/19 (FV Forum) the forum is a key element of the subject with students working on solutions to the problem with industry mentors
Workshop 6 10am-12 Thursday 05/12/19
Workshop 7 10am -12 Friday 6/12/19
Workshop 8 10am-12 Monday 09/12/19
Workshop 9 2pm-5pm Tuesday 10/12/19
Student Presentations to Centre Against Violence 10-1 Monday 16/12/19
Workshop 10 Debrief 2-3 Monday 16/12/19
If you experience any difficulties enrolling in the subject via Student Online it will be because you’ve already done a full workload for 2019, however there is a workaround. You’ll need to submit a Variation of Enrolment to get approval to enrol. It would be easiest to visit ASK La Trobe to get it sorted.
The instance to enrol in is Summer 1, 2019.
Please contact Dr Heather Downey H.Downey@latrobe.edu.au if you have any queries.