La Trobe University staff have a number of responsibilities in terms of academic integrity:
- present research and scholarship according to ethical standards
- teach their students how to conduct honest scholarship according to the University's values, standards and practices
- respond to students' queries and concerns about proper acknowledgment and avoiding academic misconduct, including issues of plagiarism and collusion
- report all academic misconduct to the relevant Academic Integrity Adviser (see Academic Integrity Procedures and Responsibilities 2015 for a full list)
- Find out more about academic integrity at La Trobe by doing the Academic Integrity Module (AIM) for staff
Copyright for staff
As part of your teaching and research work, you may often make copies of academic resources and media. It is important that you know your copyright responsibilities when copying and distributing these items.
The following flowcharts, developed by Donna Bisset from LTLT, make it easy for you to see what and how much you can copy:
- Copyright books and journals
- Copyright images
- Creative Commons licensed images - Discovery, attribution, and integration
This tutorial will show you how you can discover and properly attribute Creative Commons licensed images.
- Copyright media
Do you like to use images to illustrate and enliven your content? Here are some links to public domain image banks: