Academic integrity is a fundamental principle in teaching, learning, research and scholarship. At La Trobe the promotion and assurance of Academic Integrity is a shared responsibility for all staff and students.
The LTLT Academic Integrity Intranet page contains information on:
- your responsibilities and adhering to Academic Integrity in your role as a La Trobe Staff member
- how to educate your students about Academic Integrity, recommended areas to consider and how to develop student's skills in their studies
- what kind of cheat sites are available to students and how to identify work from a cheat site
- identifying when and how to report academic misconduct
- the roles and responsibilities of people around Academic Integrity.
Students will be educated in Academic Integrity throughout their studies in ways that take into consideration their diverse educational and cultural backgrounds. You are responsible for teaching your students appropriate research, scholarship and acknowledgment practices in order to develop their Academic Integrity skills. Review the Academic Integrity Policy and Academic Integrity Statute to ensure you are compliant.
Academic Integrity Module
The Academic Integrity Module (AIM) is mandatory for all commencing students. You can find out what is covered in the student-facing AIM by participating in the AIM staff self-enrol version [staff login required].
The staff-facing AIM module covers your Academic Integrity responsibilities. It also provides great strategies you can use to teach students how to acknowledge properly and avoid plagiarism.
Contract Cheating and Assessment Design: Exploring the Connection
This federally-funded project, led by Associate Professor Tracey Bretag (UniSA) developed an evidence-based framework for assessment design in higher education that minimises students’ usage of contract cheating services. The project website contains a repository of resources to assist the higher education sector, institutions, educators and students.
Need more information?
Visit the LTLT Academic Integrity Intranet page to find out about your academic integrity responsibilities and discover strategies you can use to teach students how to acknowledge properly and avoid plagiarism.