Terms and Conditions
Living Landscapes Terms and Conditions - as of 1 Aug 2017
Conditions of Participation:
1. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions ('Terms').
2. Participation is open to Australian Residents who satisfy the eligibility criteria outlined in clause 4 of these Terms during the Promotional Period ('Participants'). Employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its agencies associated with this promotion are eligible to participate. For the avoidance of doubt persons who are students currently enrolled or previously enrolled to study in a course provided by the Promoter are also eligible to participate in the promotion.
3. The promotion commences at 9am (AEST) on Friday 30 December 2016 and closes at 5.00 pm (AEST) on Sunday 31 December 2017 (Promotional Period).
4. You must first participate in the Promoter's Living Landscapes promotion, complete the registration process and create a Living Landscape image using the technology provided by the Promoter. Participants will be sent their Living Landscapes image to their nominated email address.
5. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of Participants (including the Participant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any Participant who submits a Living Landscapes image that is not in accordance with these Terms or who tampers with the participation process. Errors and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
6. For each valid Living Landscapes image Participants create the Promoter will undertake to install a plant within La Trobe University's Wildlife Sanctuary or in a location as deemed appropriate by the Promoter during 2017.
7. By participating in the promotion, each eligible Participant warrants that their Living Landscapes image does not contain material that infringes in any way upon the rights of any individual or entity. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a Living Landscapes image and any such decision to disqualify an image is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
8. Any copyright subsisting in the Living Landscapes image remain the property of the Participant. As a condition of participating in this promotion, each Participant licences the Promoter to use their entry in any media for an unlimited period for any reason including but not limited to future promotional, marketing, editorial or publicity purposes.
9. Participant's consent to the Promoter using the Participant's name, likeness, image and or/voice in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed or supplied by the Promoter.
10. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, it its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any Participant; or (b) to modify, suspend or terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
11. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference.
12. The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors and prize suppliers. Participation is conditional on providing this information. Participants who do not provide the personal information requested will not be able eligible to participate in this promotion. By participating in this promotion and providing their personal information, Participants consent to the Promoter using the Participant's personal information to provide the Participant with information in relation to the services and products of the Promoter.
13. The Promoter may, for an indefinite period unless otherwise advertised use the information for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning the Participant. Participants should direct any requests to access, update, delete or correct information to the Promoter on email: email@example.com. The Promoter will comply with its Privacy Personal Information Procedure in handling personal information. A copy of this policy will be available online at https://www.latrobe.edu.au/policy/documents/privacy-personal-information-procedure.pdf and can be requested by calling the Promoter on Tel: +61 (03) 9479 1839.
14. The promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by La Trobe's social media channels, including Facebook, and you agree to release La Trobe's social media channels from any or all liability in connection with this competition. Any queries about this promotion should be directed to La Trobe and not to its social media channels.
15. The Promoter is La Trobe University (ABN 64 804 735 113), of Plenty Road, Bundoora, Vic, 3086 (the Promoter).