Click and Send, Click and Collect
Due to COVIDSafe protocols, La Trobe University libraries have limited access to physical collections at some locations.
Click and Send requests are available for students and staff in Stage 4 restricted areas. Click and Send requests will be posted to your home once available.
Click and Collect requests are available at all other campuses. Click and Collect requests can be collected from the campus collection point (listed below) once available.
How to request Click and Send or Click and Collect
- Find the books/items you want to “Request” from Library Search.
- Select "Get It"
- If using Click and Send, enter the address you want your items to be posted to first
- Select delivery location:
- Your nearest campus pickup point; or
- 'Click and Send' (Stage 4 restricted areas only)
- If your request is successful, you will see a highlighted message: "Request Placed".
Note: If more than one person has requested a hold, you will be placed in a queue.
- You will receive an email when the item is available for pick up from your selected campus library collection point, or has been posted to you.
For Click and Collect, you have within 7 days to borrow the item using the self-checkout machine.
Number of items
The Click and Collect and Click and Send service is limited to five items at a time.
- The loan period for all items is currently six weeks, with the exception of some Wodonga TAFE collections.
- All items will be automatically renewed if the due date is reached and no further requests are in place.
- Library users in restricted areas are not required to return items whilst Stage 4 restrictions remain in place
- Check My Account for due dates.
- Click and Collect requests are available for collection outside of Stage 4 restricted areas – see below for collection points
- Click and Send requests are available for library users in Stage 4 restricted areas – these will be posted to you
Document Delivery and Interlibrary loan services
La Trobe University staff and students may request Document Delivery and Interlibrary loan services for items available electronically. No print interlibrary loans are available due to widespread closures of libraries nationally and internationally.
Collecting items and hold times
You will receive an email when your items are available to collect from the relevant campus, or when your item/s have been posted to you. For items listed as “available”, this may take up to 5 business days from placing your request.
Click and Collect items must be collected within 7 days. After that time items will be returned to the shelves or fill other requests in the queue.
You should wait to be notifiied by email that your items are ready for collection before visiting the library to collect them.
Collect from David Mann library
9 am to 6 pm, Monday to Friday
Collect from GDP 247 Building
10 am to 4 pm, Monday to Friday
City (Collins St)
8.30 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday
“Pop-up” Library in SHSP1 - 101
10 am to 4 pm, Monday to Friday
Do not return items to libraries in Stage 4 restricted areas.
Outside of Stage 4 restricted areas, items can be returned through the external returns chutes at each Campus. Where there is no external chute, you may return items to the campus library.
COVIDSafe good hygiene practices
- Limited numbers based on 4m2 rule
- Student or Staff ID required
- Hand sanitiser available
- Items returned to the Library will undergo a quarantine period of 72 hours before they can be picked up again.
- Please do not attend campus if you are unwell.