Frequently asked questions
How do I use the Interlibrary Loan and Document Delivery system?
To request a Resource that is not in our collection:
I have found a resource but can’t access it. Do I have to type the results in another form to make a request?
When you have searched for a book, chapter, or article, and the words ‘No full-text’ are displayed with the title in the search results, you will need to make a request.
To request a resource that is not in our collection:
- Select the item’s title and a new page will display
- In the ‘Get It’ section, select Document Delivery. This will pre-populate a form with most of the publication details
- For a book chapter, ensure that the ‘Chapter’ field is completed
- Complete the form and select Request
How can I track my Document Delivery requests?
Your active Document Delivery requests will be trackable via the Library homepage, by selecting 'My Account', then 'Requests'
What items can be requested and how long will it take?
Copies of journal articles and book chapters are usually received in 2 - 7 days, loans are usually received in 1 - 2 weeks. Overseas loans take 2 - 4 weeks.
Circumstances such as the item being on loan or missing from a library may delay supply. Enquire about the Rush Service for urgent requests by sending an email to email@example.com
Some items are less likely to be available:
- Technical reports and standards
- Recently published books (NOTE: the library may purchase a new book if it falls within the library’s collection policies)
- Audiovisual materials
- Whole volumes or issues of periodicals
- Textbooks Materials for class reserve or group use
- Rare books
- Genealogical resources
- Reference materials
- Computer software and manuals
- Electronic book
How long can I borrow an item and can it be renewed?
The lending library assigns the loan period. This ranges from 2-8 weeks.
If you require more time to use a Document Delivery item a renewal must be requested before the due date by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, student/staff number, book title and required due date.
Not all libraries grant loan renewals. We will request the renewal and advise you by email.
How will I be notified when my requests arrive?
An email will be sent to you when your item is ready for pick up from your selected campus library.
If you have any queries about when your request will be available please email email@example.com
Where can I return items?
Items may be returned in the library book return chutes at the following Latrobe University campus libraries:
- Bundoora (Melbourne)
- City (Collins St)
If you have any queries please contact the library directly or email firstname.lastname@example.org