Succeed at La Trobe Program
Succeed at La Trobe is an innovative 'at risk' student support program that reaches out to students at specific 'challenge' points across the lifecycle. Our mission is to provide students with an increased sense of support, belonging and connection at crucial times across the lifecycle to enable increased persistence, engagement and ongoing success.
Our team helps to connect students with relevant information, advice and support to enable ongoing success, engagement and completion. Underpinning all our work is a commitment to fostering and promoting a sense of inclusion and belonging with the La Trobe community. The Succeed at La Trobe Program is a Higher Education Participation and Partnerships Program (HEPPP) funded initiative.
Impact and Achievements
In 2017, Succeed@La Trobe
- Placed over 13,000 calls to students identified as at-risk
- Made over 3,000 referrals to other support services
- 63% of students accessed the services recommended to them
- 7.85% increase in retention for those students contacted by Succeed@La Trobe
- Weighted average mark 3.8 points higher for students successfully contacted by the Program