Student Success Taskforce
The Student Success Task Force, chaired by the Pro-Vice Chancellor Student Success was established to support the university to drive strategic improvement required in response to the La Trobe Strategic Plan 2018-2022 that identifies an outstanding student experience and employability as key priorities.
The Taskforce will report to the Deputy Vice Chancellor (Academic) (and through this role to SEG) and the Student Success Steering Committee. A series of working groups have also been established that will report to or work with the Student Success Taskforce and will be responsible for leading associated review and development activities.
The Student Success Taskforce meets monthly and is gathering feedback from staff and students through Staff Listening Posts and Student Forums at all campuses. To learn more about our current activities please visit the Current Activities.
Five key strategic themes will be driven by the taskforce:
|1. Develop a comprehensive and scalable model for student advising and learning support at La Trobe|
|2. Develop robust analytic capability and business intelligence reporting to inform student advising and accountability for the student experience across the university.|
|3. Implement a collaborative model for the delivery of orientation and transition support across the student lifecycle.|
|4. Design intentional communications to support the student experience.|
|5. Develop scalable approaches to supporting student employability across the student lifecycle.|
Central to the activities of the Student Success Task force are the following principles that will guide our work:
- A student-centered approach and commitment to working in partnership with students in the conceptualisation, design, implementation and evaluation of strategies and initiatives.
- A focus on improving service delivery for students across all La Trobe campuses.
- An effective cross campus network that facilitates collaboration with academic and professional staff from the Colleges and Divisions in the development and implementation of initiatives.
- Initiatives designed for maximum scalability and underpinned by a secure resourcing model.
- An evidence-based approach to ensure all initiatives are assessed for effectiveness and enhanced through continuous improvement.