Our mission is to offer a solution-focused and student-centred service which provides expert academic advice and practical assistance and support to students and staff.
We are committed to supporting students to achieve during their studies. The Learning Hub and Student Learning Team provide support for every student, at every level, on every campus to develop and extend their academic skills.
In each of our campus hubs we offer workshops, walk-ins and consultations in the following areas:
- Academic writing
- Study skills
- English language development
- Library research skills
- Digital literacy
- Maths (though the Maths Hub)
- Chemistry (through the Chemistry Hub)
We also offer a suite of online resources to enable students to access 24/7 learning and academic development support.
Providing a comprehensive suite of academic and learning support for students across the lifecycle.
Impact and Achievements
So far in 2018:
- 1146 student drop-in appointments with Peer Learning Advisors (PLAs)
- 122 students booked PLA appointments
- 2128 students seen in the Maths Hub
- 68 PLA led workshops held with 1124 students attending
- 98% of students were satisfied with the PLA support service
- 94% of students felt more confident after working with a PLA