Employability and Industry Engagement
Work integrated learning and employability at La Trobe encompasses the activities and experiences that support the development of knowledge, professional skills and personal capabilities to enhance a graduate’s long term professional success. To enable this, we take a life-long career management approach to engage with students and enrich their understanding of the graduate skills and attributes required to make a successful transition from university to the world of work. We work in partnership with industry and university staff to develop curricular and co-curricular opportunities that support students to articulate their skills and personal capabilities and develop the confidence to succeed across the life of their careers.
As part of this, La Trobe University is proud to offer the Career Ready Advantage program, a sector leading employability program that supports students to connect with industry and engage with experiences aligned to their desired employment and life goals.
Impact and Achievements
Between April - June 2018:
- 1122 students accessed career support
- 368 Career Management activities completed by students in Career Ready Advantage
- 114 students currently being mentored by 99 industry mentors
- 43 students placed into internships
- Engaged with 434 employers
- 30 employers participated in on campus career events