Winter School in Shanghai
La Trobe Law School, in cooperation with Shanghai University Law School, offers a Winter School Subject - Introduction to Chinese Law in Shanghai - annually. A University sponsorship is available to approved applicants – early enrolment is essential.
In Winter School in Shanghai, you will be introduced to the basic concepts and structures of Chinese law and their politico-economic and administrative context.
The subject includes:
- a general survey of legal culture and legal development in China
- a general introduction to the legal system/institutions of the PRC
- structures and principles of Chinese constitutional, administrative, civil, and criminal laws
- law-making and sources of law methods of rights protection
- foreign trade and investment
- mechanisms for dispute resolution.
The subject is offered as a La Trobe Law Elective and is taught through an intensive two-week program, including classes at the University, field trips and sightseeing in and around the city of Shanghai.
It is open to all La Trobe students (all campuses), as well as students from other institutions and practitioners, via cross-institutional enrolment.
Pay your deposit, balance or full amount through our online booking system.