Working Papers in Linguistics
The La Trobe University Working Papers in Linguistics journal aims to provide a forum for papers which are in still in progress, as well as for honours theses and similar works.
We welcome submissions that are longer than journal articles or book chapters, such as sketch grammars of languages and those that have large electronic data sets attached to them, including media files.
The original hard-copy series of the La Trobe University Working Papers in Linguistics was published in the form of 11 volumes between 1988 and 2001.
Please click on the link below to access PDF scans of these old papers as well those in our new series.
All papers are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Linguistics at La Trobe encompasses a broad range of research activities and we welcome the submission of working papers on any aspect of these topics, which include:
- the documentation and description of endangered spoken languages
- detailed phonetic analysis of the sounds of spoken language
- work on the social aspects of language and language change
- detailed analysis of all of the multimodal features embedded in spoken, written and signed language systems, as well as in wider communication
- the examination of the diversity within languages and across languages in contact settings and how speakers deal with the multilingual complexity created by such contact.
To submit a paper for consideration, please contact us here.
Editorial Committee: Holly Sellers (Editor), Zane Goebel, Stephen Morey