JSMH Meeting Chamber refurbishment
Landing feature B
Drag an item from the library above. Create a new item if your library is empty.
The refurbishment of the Meeting Chamber in the John Scott Meeting House will provide the facility with a modern facelift, and establish it as a highly functional and flexible meeting space for both the University and external users.
The refurbishment implements best practice design principles with respect to spatial planning, thermal comfort, current ICT and AV technologies and recycling of existing materials and fabrics.
The upgrade will provide the University with a state-of-the-art conference facility, able to accommodate a number of uses in one space.
This project contributes to the University's Future Ready strategic goal of 'Lively connected campuses' and Melbourne Campus Masterplan strategy that will see the Melbourne campus evolve into a 'University Town'.
Building works are now complete in the meeting Chamber. New tables and chairs have been ordered for the room and will be installed in June.
- a modern, flexible space made available for both University and external users
- improved thermal comfort
- installation of new, state of the art Audio Visual equipment in line with the University's current AV Standards.
- environmentally sustainable design initiatives such as low energy consumption lighting will reduce energy consumption to align with University sustainability targets
- the space will utilise flexible furniture, making the space suitable for a number of different uses.
Frequently asked questions
How can I book this room?
The room can be booked through the University's Functions team on 9479 3612, or by emailing email@example.com
- Architects: DS Architects
- Building services: LUCID Consulting Australia
- Audio visual consultant: CHW Consulting
- Quantity surveyor: Wilde & Woolard Quantity Surveyors
- Structural engineers: Clive Steel Partners
- Building surveyor: PLP Building Surveyors
- Contractor: SHAPE Group
For more information contact the Project Manager:
Latrobe University Infrastructure and Operations
0416 174 825