The Bendigo Campus Transformation Program is responding to the strategic objectives for the Campus to:
- Welcome the community in
- Transform the Flora Hill Campus
- Reach out and embrace Bendigo
- Connect to the world.
Work is now underway on the $50 million transformation of the Campus. When completed, students and staff will enjoy modern, high-tech facilities in which to learn and teach. Four main projects make up the Bendigo Campus Transformation Program.
Expanded Library/Student Union Building
The expanded Library / Student Union building will double the
current space for learning and studying, including the creation of new
informal learning areas.
- The building extension features a curved glass façade.
- Increased number of open, adaptable and contemporary designed spaces for individual and group study.
- A welcoming, flexible and integrated student centred support zone.
- Technology enabled computing, wireless connectivity, printing and power.
- Enhanced student experience with new informal learning spaces for students to use after hours (24/7).
|Status||Completed in August 2020.|
Engineering and Technology Building
new Engineering and Technology Building enables La Trobe University Bendigo
Campus to offer engineering, technology, maths and science courses in a
- Contemporary four-storey glass and steel structure inspired by the nature of the courses to be taught within.
- Latest technology and state-of-the-art engineering facilities.
- New contemporary engineering teaching spaces & academic workspace accommodation.
- Specialised engineering research spaces to attract and collaborate with industry.
- The third floor of the building is home to the State Government funded Bendigo Tech School.
|Status||Completed, opened in March 2019.|
of the Entry Plaza provides a new front door to the Campus with improved access, greatly enhancing the student and visitor experience.|
- Entry Plaza that connects into the expanded Library/Student Union Building.
- Informal outdoor study and community space.
|Status||Completed, opened in July 2019.|
Sports Change Rooms and Field Lighting
|Description||The new Sports Field Lighting & Change Rooms includes end-of-journey bike
change facilities, available for University sports groups and
after-hours by the Bendigo community|
- Under cover Bike Store with lockers and shower facilities.
- Two change rooms for sports team training.
- Change rooms able to be opened up to create a larger space.
- Multi-purpose room for sports training and learning activities
- Lighting towers that allows after hours use of the sports field.
|Status||Completed, opened in November 2017.|
For impacts and outages related to the Bendigo Campus Transformation Program, go to www.latrobe.edu.au/io/impacts-and-outages.
Bendigo Campus Transformation Project