Arrange your airport pick-up
La Trobe International is pleased to arrange free airport pick up service for you and any other passenger that is travelling with you*, regardless of the time of arrival.
Our contractor, TOGOTO airport reception, will pick you up from the Tullamarine airport and will take you to your Melbourne accommodation or drop you at Southern Cross station if you are travelling to one of your regional campuses.
How to make a booking
Please note that to book your free airport reception you must have:
- Accepted your offer to study with us.
- Booked your flight.
- Confirmed accommodation (if you haven't yet organised permanent accommodation here are some suggestions for temporary accommodation for you to consider).
To submit a booking request:
Via ISIS Portal - For all requests sent 72h before your flight
If you don't have your username and password yet, go to the ISIS Portal and register using your student ID number.
Once you send your request, your status will appear as “Pending” until we confirm your details and dispatch your request.
Please note that the ISIS portal will not accept requests if your flight is arriving within 72h.
If you are booking within 72h of your flight arrival time please be aware that your request might not be successful.
To book, please fill your campus Airport Reception Form (Melbourne, Bendigo, Albury-Wodonga) and we will confirm if your booking was approved or not. Do not fill these forms if you are arriving before 72h, submit via ISIS Portal.
Once booked, you will receive a confirmation email of your booking along with a map on how to meet the driver and what to do in the event of flight delays and cancellations.
If you experience any problems using the online portal or form for airport reception, please contact us on
+61 3 9479 1199 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
(For Bendigo and Shepparton campus, please email email@example.com)
Important notes and booking deadlines
For changes or urgent matters please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Airport reception cannot be guaranteed unless confirmed flight details are received by La Trobe International (LTI) at least 24 hours prior to departure
- If you are arriving on a Saturday, Sunday or a Monday you must submit your flight details by 12 noon AEST (GMT +10) the previous Friday
- If your arrival details change, you must notify us as soon as possible. Changes to Saturday, Sunday or Monday arrival details must be sent to LTI no later than 12 noon AEST (GMT+10) on a Friday before you arrive
- Changes to arrival details for Tuesday through Friday should be sent to LTI at least 24 hours prior to departure from your home country.
- You need to book your own airport reception, the booking can't be made by someone else on your behalf.
- Extra family members can travel with you but are charged $30 per person in cash.
- Please refer to the list of suburbs included in the free pick up. Anything outside of these areas is charged extra and payable directly to the driver in cash. You will receive a separate email on the additional charges before we confirm your airport reception.
Please be aware that you might not be the only student travelling in the TOGOTO vehicle, therefore, there are some luggage limitations per person in order for everyone to travel in comfort.
|La Trobe International student|
|Extra passenger||1 suitcase|
Please note that we cannot transport large luggage items such as large musical instruments, bicycles, surfboards, golf clubs or other items of a similar size. The driver has the right to refuse transport to anyone bringing excessive luggage.
Arrange your airport pick-up
Melbourne and City Campuses students
Free airport pick-up will be provided from Melbourne (Tullamarine) Airport to your drop-off destination if you stay within a 6 km radius of Bundoora or 6 km radius of Melbourne CBD. However, if you choose to stay outside these zones, there will be an additional fee which needs to be paid to the driver directly in cash. See the list here of suburbs included in the free zone. You will be advised of this additional amount at the time of booking.
Friends and family members can also accompany you for a fee of A$35 each, to be paid in cash to the driver. You must advise at the time of booking if friends and family members will be accompanying you, so that we can book them a place in the transport vehicle too.
If you don't wish to use the Airport Reception service, you can also reach La Trobe University, Melbourne campus, from the airport by:
- taxi (approximately a half hour trip, A$65)
- a shuttle service such as the SkyBus from the airport to the Southern Cross Railway Station www.skybus.com.au or Eastside Buslines Airport Bus to Heidelberg or Preston www.airportbus.com.au and public or other transport to the University from there (Eastside's Airport Bus can do a door-to-door service if you pre-book).
- For public transport connections to La Trobe University, visit the Public Transport Victoria website.
Bendigo Campus students
Bendigo campus is located approximately 90 minutes from Melbourne airport. We can arrange for you to be met on your arrival at Tullamarine airport and driven to your accommodation at Bendigo. To make use of this free service, complete the Bendigo Airport Reception Advice Form and forward it to LTI Bendigo as soon as possible. Please note that should you change your flight details without notifying LTI Bendigo, or fail to use the service once you have requested airport reception, you will be charged for the costs incurred (AUD$130).
Alternatively, you can reach Bendigo campus by using the Bendigo-Melbourne Airport Service. For up-to-date information on please visit the Bendigo Airport website.
Albury-Wodonga Campus students
Albury-Wodonga is located 3.5 hours by road from Melbourne Airport, 4 hours by train from the city, and 1 hour by plane. Many new students choose to book a connecting domestic flight from Tullamarine to Albury Wodonga where you will be met by our staff.
- PLANE - book a flight directly from Melbourne Airport to Albury Airport (you will need to go to the domestic terminal). Webjet Flights lists all airlines flying into Albury.
- TRAIN – get picked up at Tullamarine Airport and driven to Southern Cross Train Station to take a VLine Train to Wodonga Station. Book your VLine tickets. Prices start from approximately AUD$35 one way.
Use the Albury-Wodonga airport reception form to book pick up at Tullamarine or Albury Airport.
If you need to have temporary accommodation in Melbourne prior to your departure to Albury-Wodonga, please make your own arrangements.
Mildura campus students
Mildura is a 6 hour drive from Melbourne Airport. Many new students choose to book a connecting domestic flight from Tullamarine to Mildura where you will be met by our staff.
- PLANE – book a domestic flight to Mildura from your arrival point in Australia (you will need to go to the domestic terminal). Regional Express, Qantas airlines or Virgin Blue airlines fly to Mildura. It is important to book in advance.
- TRAIN – get picked up at Tullamarine Airport and driven to Southern Cross Train Station to take a VLine Train to Mildura. Book your VLine tickets. Prices start from approximately AUD$35 one way.
Please use our Melbourne online booking form to arrange airport reception and transfer to Southern Cross Station for onward journey to Mildura by train.
If you need to have temporary accommodation in Melbourne prior to your departure to Mildura, please make your own arrangements.
Any query about airport reception for Mildura students, please contact International Student Services at email@example.com.
Shepparton Campus students
Shepparton is 2 hours from Melbourne by road. We recommend new students take the train.
Please use our Melbourne online booking form to arrange airport reception and transfer to Southern Cross Station for onward journey to Shepparton.
If you need to have temporary accommodation in Melbourne prior to your departure to Shepparton, please make your own arrangements.
Any query about airport reception for Shepparton students, please contact the International Student Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to meet the driver at Tullamarine Airport
Look for the driver holding the yellow and green TOGOTO sign when you arrive.
If you are arriving on:
- INTERNATIONAL FLIGHT – the TOGOTO driver will meet you in the main arrivals hall after you have cleared immigration, collected your bags, and cleared customs
- DOMESTIC FLIGHT - The TOGOTO driver will meet you at the baggage carousel where you will collect your luggage. Look for the yellow and green sign.
Here is the Tullamarine airport how to meet your driver map [PDF 310KB]. Please print and bring this with you in your hand luggage.
What to do if your arrival time changes
For late flight delays or cancellations, you should also inform TOGOTO Australia of these changes IMMEDIATELY by contacting TOGOTO staff direct on +61 409 503 646, where possible.
You can provide your new arrival details by telephone on +61 3 9479 1199, or email email@example.com.
If you change your flight details, cancel your booking or do not use the service after your booking has been confirmed, you will be charged in your student account:
- $45 per person – Melbourne/Regional campuses students.
- $130 per person - Bendigo Campus students.
What to do if you cannot find the driver
In case you cannot find the driver, ask the information desk at the airport for TOGOTO Australia or call the driver’s mobile number: +61 409 503 646.
DO NOT leave the airport with anybody unless they are a nominated La Trobe University representative with suitable identification.