International Terms 2020 online study FAQs

What are the benefits of term-based enrolment?

To provide commencing students with the utmost flexibility. This means no matter when borders reopen, you are in the best position to not delay your studies.

Can I transition to on-campus study in the middle of a term?

Once you have enrolled in a Term, you should complete it online, even if travel restrictions are lifted and on-campus becomes available. For example, if a you begin Term 4 online, you’ll continue online and then enrol in term 5 face-to-face.

What if I applied to study at La Trobe before COVID-19?

Our International Admissions Team will be issuing revised Offer Letters  for all current applications where applicable. If you’re eligible for the new scholarship schemes, you’ll receive this information in the revised offer letter.

Can I still apply for advanced standing?

Term intakes may be available for commencing students with credit for previous studies. Credit will be granted on a case by case basis as per our usual process.  However, as there are limited first year subjects available each term, you are encouraged to review your options carefully.

How many subjects can I take per term?

Commencing students can enrol in two subjects in each term. A student who completes two terms has completed 4 x 15 credit point subjects, which is the equivalent to a full semester load. Not all subjects are offered in each term for each course.

When are scholarships applied?

From Semester 2 2020 onwards, including for the new Term intakes, La Trobe tuition fee scholarships will be applied as a deduction to the tuition fee deposit. Your Offer Letter will show the full tuition fee deposit, the amount of the scholarship (if eligible), and the resulting reduced tuition fee deposit to accept your offer. One exemption to this is the Early Bird Acceptance Grant

When is the Early Bird Acceptance Grant applied?

When you accept your Offer prior to the early acceptance deadline noted for their specific intake, the grant amount will be credited towards your second semester tuition fees.

Can I commence Semester 2 online?

If travel restrictions and/or social distancing measures remain in place for Semester 2 2020, you can commence study online. Once restrictions are lifted and you receive your Student Visa, you can transition to on campus study.

When will I choose which campus I want to study at?

You will select your preferred face-to-face campus at the time of application. This is the campus you will study at when you transition to on-campus study.