Academic entry requirements
Entry into a Bachelor Degree program at La Trobe University requires completion of Australian Year 12 with certain grade. For the equivalency of entry requirement from other countries/qualifications, please refer to the table below.
|GCE A Levels||6||7||8||10||11|
|USA High School Diploma||1.0/4 D||1.0/4 D||2.0/4 C||3.0/4 B||4.0/4 A+|
|VIETNAM High School Diploma||7.0+||7.5+||8.0+||8.5+||9.0+|
Entry into a Postgraduate degree program at La Trobe University requires completion of Australian Bachelor degree, with marks as outlined in our course guide.
Postgraduate research program entry requirements
Some programs might have additional entry requirements to those below, so check your course for details.
Master's by research
For admission to a Master's by research degree, you must have completed a Bachelor's degree with Honours from La Trobe or another recognised university or educational institution. Your Honours degree should have been completed at the level of H1 or H2A or equivalent. Applicants with Honours at H2B may be considered in some instances.
Candidates for the Professional Doctorate will normally have completed a Master's degree or Bachelor's degree with Honours (H1 or H2A) at La Trobe or another recognised university and have at least three years' relevant professional experience. Candidates are also required to provide evidence of research expertise.
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
PhD candidates will normally have completed a Master's degree or Bachelor's degree with Honours (H1 or H2A) from La Trobe or another recognised university.
Scholarship and direct-entry scores for 2015 China GAOKAO students
We recognise the Chinese GAOKAO system and will consider granting direct entry to outstanding GAOKAO students. We also offer a A$10 000 scholarship for eligible outstanding GAOKAO students. Please contact La Trobe International for scholarships questions and more information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
|GAOKAO scores in 高考录取分数线||Humanities/Arts |
|Scholarship score |
|Direct-entry score |
|内蒙古 INNER MONGOLIA||487||385||464||336|
- 2015 GAOKAO scores are valid for entry to February and July 2016 intakes only.
- Some health sciences and science courses may only accept GAOKAO science stream students due to pre-requisites.
- All Chinese GAOKAO students still need to meet other admission and visa requirements.
- We reserve the right to assess each application on a case-by-case basis.
- HKDSE - combined total of 5 subjects (Category A, B & C) where 5*,5**, 5=5, 4=4, 3=3,2=2,1=1, *=5, A=5, B=4, C=3, D=2, E=1 Attained with distinction-=3, Attained= 1
- Sri Lanka A Levels- A=4, B=3,C=2, S=1. Minimum of 3 A level subjects must be completed
- GCE A Levels- A*=6, A=5, B=4,C =3, D=2, E=1 Aggregate of Best 3 (or 2 subjects)
- Malaysia STPM- A=4, A- =3.67, B+ = 3.33, B=3, B- = 2.67, C+ = 2.33, C=2 Aggregate of best 3 subjects
- USA Completion of High School Diploma with required GPA
- Norway Secondary School Exam - grade average of final year result, Norwegian Certificate of completion of upper secondary School Examinations or comparable qualification
- Canada OSSD-Grade average of best 6 Grade XIII subjects
- Thailand M6 - Pupils are required to complete 81 credits for graduation from M6. Of these, 41 credits must come from basic courses, and not less than 36 credits for supplementary courses.
- Vietnam- Starting base at Good level of 7.0
- Indonesia SMA3 base level score starting from 71