US Financial Aid is available to you if you're:
- a US citizen or an eligible non-citizen
- for more information on this requirement, see the US Federal Student Aid website
- enrolled at least half-time
- not enrolled in any online courses or units as part of your course:
- according to the regulation 34 CFR 600.51(d), a program offered by a foreign school in whole or in part by distance education, by correspondence, or as a direct assessment program is not an eligible program for administration of the William D. Ford Direct loan program. Distance education of the purpose of this regulation means education that uses certain technologies to deliver instructions to students who are separated from the instructor and to support regular and substantive interaction between the student and the instructor. The instruction may be synchronous or asynchronous. The technologies may include the internet, audio broadcast, closed circuit, cable, microwave, broadband lines, fibre optics, satellites, or wireless communication devices.
- making satisfactory academic progress
- not completing research based in the United States (Master's and PhD students)
- not in default on a grant or loan
- not enrolled in a nursing program, Graduate Diploma, Certificate or Postgraduate Diploma program
- planning to complete your course within 1.5 times of the actual course duration as advised on your letter of offer.
Please note, the financial aid eligibility criteria are not limited to the above conditions. See the US Federal Student Aid website for full information.
For more information please contact:
Financial Aid Administrator
La Trobe International
Level 3, Sylvia Walton Building
La Trobe University
Melbourne VIC 3086
T: +61 3 9479 3313
F: +61 3 9479 3660