Making a claim

If you need to make a claim on the University's insurance policies, the following links provide comprehensive information on the procedure.

If the loss is over $5,000, please contact the Insurance Office immediately to agree on the action required.


Includes local medical/hospital claims as well as expenses for overseas visitors.


Make a motor vehicle accident claim. Includes damage to University vehicles and damage to third party vehicles.


Claims can include; burglary, theft losses and medical/hospital accounts incurred overseas.

University property

Claims can include, burglary, theft losses, fire, storm, water and accident damage.


Claims include liability, professional indemnity, medical malpractice.

Personal items

The University does not insure the property of staff or students. It is recommended that insurance be taken out to cover personal property.