Partner with us
We are working to forge strong industry partnerships that are global, multi-disciplinary and co-operative; partnerships that bring researchers, students, governments, industry, alumni and communities together for mutual benefit.
By connecting industry partners with our researchers and students, we are addressing some of industry’s key challenges and converting knowledge to benefit local and international communities.
Our partnerships span a wide range of sectors and have a strong entrepreneurial focus. We are working to establish partnerships that leverage La Trobe’s capability and expertise and connect these activities with industry and end-users to create value from our research capabilities.
A little bit about us
- We are is ranked in the top 1.2% of universities with world leading research in areas as diverse as biological, chemical and health sciences, archaeology and engineering
- Every three years Australian universities are assessed on their research performance against international benchmarks in the Excellence for Research Australia (ERA) exercise. In 2018 100% of the broad fields of research in which we were assessed rated well above, above or at world standard.
- We rated well above world standard (the top rating) in the key Agri-food areas: Crop and Pasture Production, Genetics, Soil Sciences, Biological Sciences, and Plant Biology
- Our research rated above world standard for Artificial Intelligence and Image Processing, Information Systems and Civil Engineering.
- We are a member of Australia’s Innovation Universities
- We are the largest employer in the area and enjoys proximity to, as well as partnerships with, a number of highly regarded hospital networks
- We represents Australia’s largest university owned and managed network of R&D technology parks with metropolitan campuses in Melbourne and campuses in the regional Victorian cities of Bendigo, Shepparton, Albury-Wodonga and Mildura
- We are on track to achieve its carbon neutral target by 2029 and already boasts a six-star energy rating
- Our Eco-corridor (Nangak Tamboree) signifies the our commitment to supporting local ecology and flora and fauna diversity.
- Our regional campus network provides access to a range of population samples for research projects as well as local industry across Victoria and parts of NSW; the precinct acts as a virtual and physical hub.