2018 Nest Social Media - Australian Ballet Partnership The Merry Widow Competition Terms and Conditions
- La Trobe University (ABN 64 804 735 113) (“La Trobe”) is conducting a competition called the “2018 Nest Social Media - Australian Ballet Partnership The Merry Widow” (“Competition”).
- These terms and conditions apply to the Competition and by submitting your entry you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Any entry that does not comply with these terms and conditions may be deemed invalid and ineligible to win a prize.
- The Competition is open from 10am Monday 5 March 2018 to 4pm Wednesday 23rd May 2018(“Competition Period”). Any entry received after the expiry of the Competition Period will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost, delayed or misdirected entries.
- The Competition is open to currently enrolled La Trobe University students.
- Entrants less than 18 years old must obtain the consent of a parent or guardian to enter.
- Entrants must subscribe to La Trobe’s blog, Nest, (https://nest.latrobe) and complete the online entry form.
- Entry into the Competition is free.
- Entrants may enter the Competition once.
- By submitting an entry, each entrant warrants to La Trobe that:
(a) if below 18 years of age, they have the permission of their parent or guardian to enter the Competition;
(b) all details provided with their entry are true and accurate;
(b) the entrant owns or has the right to submit their entry for this Competition;
(d) their entry, and La Trobe’s use of their entry, will not:
- infringe any person’s copyright or other intellectual property rights;
- infringe any person’s privacy rights or any applicable privacy laws; or
- breach any other laws.
- Each entrant grants to La Trobe a perpetual, royalty-free licence to use, reproduce, publish and communicate their entry, including a right to sublicense it to other parties (including posting on La Trobe’s social media accounts, in any format for the purpose of the Competition and for La Trobe’s marketing and promotional purposes.
- La Trobe will judge all valid entries received within the Competition Period and select winners based on correct answers and speed of reply (“Prize Winners”). This Competition is not a game of chance and chance plays no part in determining the Prize Winners.
- La Trobe will select up to 2 winners to win a prize.
- The prizes will consist of: 2x doubles passes to see The Merry Widow at the Australian Ballet dress rehearsal at 7pm on 5th June 2018, valued at $225. The prizes cannot be redeemed for cash.
- The Prize Winners will be notified within 7 days after the end of the Competition Period by email. Prize Winners will also be published on La Trobe’s website and social media accounts.
- The decisions of La Trobe regarding Prize Winners are final and will be binding on each entrant. No correspondence or communications will be entered into. If after reasonable efforts a Prize Winner cannot be contacted, cannot accept a prize or is deemed to be ineligible to enter the Competition, La Trobe reserves the right to select a different Prize Winner.
- If any event prevents or hinders the Competition or La Trobe’s ability to deliver a prize, La Trobe may in its absolute discretion cancel the Competition, select another Prize Winner or provide a similar prize of equivalent value.
- La Trobe may refuse to award a prize, or seek its recovery, in the event of the relevant entrant’s fraud, dishonesty, or non-entitlement under, or breach of, these terms and conditions. In the event of a dispute concerning the identity of the person who submits an entry, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the email address provided with the entry.
- Each entrant consents to La Trobe using any personal information supplied or connected with their entry for the purposes of the Competition and for La Trobe’s marketing and promotional purposes.
- La Trobe accepts no responsibility for invalid, misdirected, lost or delayed entries, any incorrect or inaccurate information, any equipment or technical error, or for any defect in, theft, destruction, unauthorised access to or alteration of any entry.
- To the extent permitted by law, La Trobe will not be liable for any injury, damages, expenses, or loss whatsoever (whether direct or indirect) to persons or property as a result of any person entering the Competition or accepting or using any prize, including without limitation non-receipt of any prize.
- To the extent permitted by law, all warranties in respect of the prize, whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise, are excluded. To the extent such warranties cannot be excluded by law but liability can lawfully be limited, liability is limited at La Trobe’s option to replacing the prize or the cost of replacing the prize or acquiring an equivalent item.
- The Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, La Trobe’s social media channels, including Facebook and Twitter, and any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Competition should be directed to La Trobe.
- Each entrant releases Facebook and Twitter from any and all liability for any loss, damage or injury arising out of or in relation to the Competition.
- This competition is conducted under, and must be construed by, the laws of the state of Victoria and the laws of Victoria govern the terms and conditions of this Competition.